My big upgrade tomorrow. Last second opinions please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
Tomorrow at 10am I'm leaving to buy the last parts for my computer.

Q6600 Quad core $289
OCZ 2gigs Reaper Edition $99.99
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R $129.99

Anyone have any last minute suggestions or changes? I know alot of you are loyal G Skill and Corsair people haha.

I already have my 8800GTS, Enermax Libertey 550W Mod, Thermaltake case, 74 gig raptor, 320, and 160 HDD's.

where are you getting the q6600 for $289? Must be the B3 stepping? I would get g.skill hz's or the Crucial *edit* ballistix like you said... but I have Patriot for my new build, g.skill for my laptop. Anyway, everything (upgrade parts anyway) looks good... go for it.

I'm getting it at Frys. I'm not really too concerned about the whole stepping thing. Quad core for under $300 is awesome. In fact, almost two years ago I got my current processor (AMD X2 3800+ 939) for around the same price.

I've just used OCZ and it's worked great. I'll check out the G skills and corsairs aslong as they're around or sub $100. I've heard great things about both.

I just hope to get a decent OC on air cooling. I'll find a good heatsink. I'm geting the mobo and hatsink at a local PC store instead. I'm just getting the CPU and mem at Fry's because tey have it cheaper then anywhere else around here.

haha its Crucial Ballistix not corsair. but ya both of those will do you much better if you ever get into overclocking. I have the G.SKILL HZ's and they are amazing.

bahahahahahah.

sorry, im half asleep right now.

Wow, what a n000b comment on my part.

I'll go with the G.Skill HZ's. Might as well try something new.

haha its ok. Sleepiness tends to do things to the mind. You will definitely not regret the G.SKILL HZ's. I have mine overclocked to 1100 MHz from 800 stock and I could probably push them farther but just haven't gotten around to it.

Bahahahahha. It happends now and then, even to us who have been around this stuff for years.

I assumed you were right because im so tired haha.

Whatever haha. Thanks for the input though.

haha its ok. Sleepiness tends to do things to the mind. You will definitely not regret the G.SKILL HZ's. I have mine overclocked to 1100 MHz from 800 stock and I could probably push them farther but just haven't gotten around to it.

Woaaaaaa. You got them to 1100MHZ? What voltage? Timings? What PSU are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom