My Almost Finalized Build. $2000 USD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK ifyouhavetoask, I see now. I wasn't planning to get any of those "higher-grade" bullcrap sound cards. And unless they have the hearing of a rabbit on steroids, I don't recommend it to anyone else either.

Sui, I figured that could happen. JUST TO MAKE IT CLEAR: I'm not going AM2, just getting an X2 after the price drop UNLESS the Conroe whups its butt back to...........Australia. For the same price.

I might go with Antec then.

And I was just saying I could buy any keyboard and had no restrictions when I said $50. Very hard to tell, with me getting a $2K system and all. :D I don't need a G15. I don't like wireless anyway. What I need is a WolfSomething Gamepad! lol.

I need to check out some local keyboards. You're right.

Keyboard= X

PSU=X

All that's left is the case, and any extras :)p).

I do have a big decision ahead of me in CPUs, Mobos, and RAM, but that's later. :)

wiouxev said:
Dude, you dont need to spend more than 5-15 dollars on a mouse and keyboard.

the pricier the more "flash" and "jargon" that you dont really need. Programmed buttons to your homepage that you'll never take time to configure and use?

Just get a decent 5-10 dollar optical mouse, and a keyboard thats sturdy and reliable.

Though I always thought it would be cool to have a keyboard that lit up blue.

i couldnt agree less, the ergonomic MX518 is so comfy, unless your a lefty, they your SoL...
i use the thumb buttons for mic and reload.
when i zoom w/ a sniper rifle or deploy a machine gun i up the resolution (the buttons on the top and bottom of the scroll) so i get the same mouse response as if i was assaulting.
I had a generic $6 mouse before this one and its totally different. my old mouse was screwing me and i didnt even know it. its so much easier to track a moving target with the mx518, silky smooth.

i guess it all depends on how serious of a gammer u are

EDIT: oh, yeah, i wouldnt worry too much about the sound card unless you're a fanatic or something. if your going to be using headphones, prob wont notice a diff. if your going to be running thru a reciever and bumping on some big speaker, by all means get a good sound card.

Actually, cwiz, I am a lefty. :D

But I've conformed to these crazy right-handed standards.

So.......Case? Extras?

Gerry

I have the Enermax Liberty(the 620W version) and it seems flawless so far, the modular cables also help to keep the case tidy.
As for the keyboard, I highly recommend the G15

Thanks. I wonder if the Antec has modular cables. Since they're so alike, that could be the deciding factor. :p

The G15? Too many bells and whistles. I don't want to pay $70 for a keyboard.

I'll probably go with the Coolermaster Centurion 530 for a case. It has USB and audio ports at the top! Just what I needed.

You wont regret paying that much for the keyboard, i was quite hesitant but its probarbly one of the best choices Ive made, Its amazing for games, and is also suitable for everyday use. There are endless possibilites, and Ive started using it for things I didnt even consider (e.g. using a G key to leave feedback on ebay, It writes the whole thing for you with the touch of a button!)

Regarding the Power supplies, I believe the Antec Truepower series do not have modular cables, however the 500W Smartpower does.

Hmmm. I've looked it up, and the Smartpower seems very quiet. Looks like it's the winner, then.

I don't think the wattage goes high enough, though. Anyway....
Any suggestions for card readers, perhaps (my computer refuses to open newegg)?

My case: Either the Centurion 530 or 532

centurion532.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom