My 1st time Help PLZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProLiF1kZ

Solid State Member
Wow for starters I just wanna say wow, this site is amazing and looking/reading around has been great. I love gaming and I've been an xbox fan since the beginning lol. But I got this laptop that cost me around 1,100 at the time and I recently bought Dead Space and was Confused on why it wasn't running Lol. So I updated the Graphic Drive on the laptop to the 945GM Express Chipset Graphics Driver..lol still bad I'm running everything on low settings and the game is still skipping all over the place. So I started to look around, a friend from college told me he built his awhile back so I decided to look into building computers. And I proudly say now I'm hooked staying up long nights reading and learning about different parts, you know expanding my knowledge...I mean we all learned some way I'm sure you guys remember the process...and I've gotten better but still new to this and looking for advice and some guidance with this. LOL as for the laptop I'm currently selling it on ebay trying to help cover some of the cost off building one.
Wanna check it out the laptop is here in the link below
17"HP Pavilion dv9535 Fully Loaded &Portable DVD Player - eBay (item 180308252418 end time Dec-01-08 11:12:14 PST)

Ok on Newegg.com I've put this together
This Link is the computer parts in the shopping cart if you don't feel like reading lol...well you gotta read anyway right? lol anyway link below
Newegg.com Shopping Cart

Case: RAIDMAX SAGITTA 1 ATX-921WBP Black / Silver 0.7mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Removable MB Computer Case With 450W Power Supply (Don't know what the **** to do with the default PS)

Monitor: Hanns·G Hi-221DPB Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 Built in Speakers

Graphic Card/Video Card: EVGA 512-P3-N879-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

PS: Rosewill RP550V2-D-SL 550W ATX12V v2.01 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply

Memory: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31000340AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Optical Drive??? Do I need one or is there one in here LOL

LOGISYS Computer CLK4BL 4" Blue Cold Cathode Light Kit x2

APEVIA CF12SL-4C 120mm Multi-Color LED Case Fan (lol do I even need this?)

That's it....the total came to 933.38
With shipping it's a grand total is 971.24
Is there anyway to Cheapen this? but still have a good enough computer for gaming on high settings? My laptop on ebay is currently at 561.00 with two days left and I have about 22 people watching my item and 9bidders so I'm hoping to finish with a decent enough price to help cover some of these cost.
Also I've seen some gaming computers on ebay tell me what you guys think

Should I go with this setup I was thinking about buying this and just upgrading slowly or at my pace... link below
NEW! Geforce 9500GT 512/Athlon X2 5000/Gaming Computer - eBay (item 260317555242 end time Dec-19-08 22:15:51 PST)
He said he can throw in a monitor and swap the 9500GT for the 9800GT for 600...is this good or should I just stick to my custom computer

Thanks for reading my life story I've been killing my girl with this stuff, she most likely hates me as of now lol...
Pro-

I think u forgot the cpu....n as for the optical drive get any (lg, samsung, sony, liteon) 22x super drive and lastly as for the gpu get a hd4850 as it outperformz the 9800gtx+ in every game n it costs the same.

Well, you have come to the right place ProLiF1kZ.

These guys talked me into building my own gaming pc about 2 years ago. I remember staying up those long nights...learning...just like you!

It went so well that we built my son one also......it was the greatest decision I have ever made after owning Dell pc's for so long....lol

You won't be sorry, and your new gaming experience will be better than ever. Gaming in high definition on that 22" monitor will be pure sweetness :)

I think you should build and not buy the e-bay pc....the guys here may want to tweak some parts for you....like the power supply, stuff like that....they are great for getting you the best bang for your buck so to speak. They will probly recommend an intel core 2 or a quad cpu....when you finalize what parts you want to buy....you will have a pc that will cut through games like a knife going through butter....okay enough....you should be very excited now.

Welcome to the forums.....there are a bunch of great guys here to help you out.....and enjoy your new pc.

I have owned one of those 9800GTX video cards, and it is a great card.

lol you guys are simply great
thanks ima give it a go...
as for OS a 64-bit is better then a 32-bit?
and iis windows ultimate even needed?

looks good but im sure you dont need a 1tb of space.
the monitor is great, i have the same one . and get vista 64 bit so you can use all your ram, but dont get ultimate, its a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom