My 1st build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my case ran me $155

Still, compared to Veedubfreaks, it's pocket change, His mountain mods cube ran him something like $300.

Well I started at 10:00 PM after I got home from work. My poor dog went on the shortest walk of his life lol. I finished up at 12:30 AM. The whole time im pretty confident in what I was building. Then It came time to plug in the powersupply to the wall outlet.

Nervous'ness.

plugged it in and everything worked!! no DOA's! no "static electricity"! just plain computin power.

Thank you forums, I am SOOOO happy right now! :D:D

ps. have not checked to see if usb works.
I wondered into BIOS and i think my CPU speed is lower then it should be. I have no idea why. Other then that no problems.

WILL POST PICS SOON

Well I started at 10:00 PM after I got home from work. My poor dog went on the shortest walk of his life lol. I finished up at 12:30 AM. The whole time im pretty confident in what I was building. Then It came time to plug in the powersupply to the wall outlet.

Nervous'ness.

plugged it in and everything worked!! no DOA's! no "static electricity"! just plain computin power.

Thank you forums, I am SOOOO happy right now! :D:D

ps. have not checked to see if usb works.
I wondered into BIOS and i think my spu speed is lower then it should be. I have no idea why. Other then that no problems.

WILL POST PICS SOON

Yea if your having problems with your CPU not representing the speed it should let us know. That goes for memory settings and everything. We can help ya out.

Problem: Bios reads the CPU as 2.8 Ghz but when windows boots up it recognizes the Cpu at its proper speed of 3.16. I want to make sure I am getting the performance for which I paid.

The clock should be
333 x 9.5 (stock) @ 1.225 stock voltage, I belive.

Ok, so after some careful searching I found two Solutions.

#1. "The chip supports C1E/Speedstep as well, which allows the chip to clock itself down to 2.0 GHz (6x multiplier) when processing levels are low. When processing loads kick up, the chip runs at 3.16 GHz (9.5x multiplier). Some new motherboards don't support the .5x multipliers by default, which is the cause of most boards needing a BIOS update. If your motherboard doesn't support half-step multipliers, the chip will boot up and run at 3.0 GHz (9.0x), which will allow you to get running and obtain a BIOS update"
^-source from hothardware.com (not sure if I can post other websites in this forum or not)

#2.I can disable the EIST in bios. Which is some kind of powersaving feature. Not sure of any adverse affects from this.

If anyone knows anything about this please chime in.

Thanks forum members! you guys are the best!

Problem: Bios reads the CPU as 2.8 Ghz but when windows boots up it recognizes the Cpu at its proper speed of 3.16. I want to make sure I am getting the performance for which I paid.

The clock should be
333 x 9.5 (stock) @ 1.225 stock voltage, I belive.

Ok, so after some careful searching I found two Solutions.

#1. "The chip supports C1E/Speedstep as well, which allows the chip to clock itself down to 2.0 GHz (6x multiplier) when processing levels are low. When processing loads kick up, the chip runs at 3.16 GHz (9.5x multiplier). Some new motherboards don't support the .5x multipliers by default, which is the cause of most boards needing a BIOS update. If your motherboard doesn't support half-step multipliers, the chip will boot up and run at 3.0 GHz (9.0x), which will allow you to get running and obtain a BIOS update"
^-source from hothardware.com (not sure if I can post other websites in this forum or not)

#2.I can disable the EIST in bios. Which is some kind of powersaving feature. Not sure of any adverse affects from this.

If anyone knows anything about this please chime in.

Thanks forum members! you guys are the best!

Yes you can dissable this but it will make the processor stay at a higher clock speed and use more power. although it doesnt really matter if you have it or dont have it. having it turned off wont affect your PC. Like when you boot up a game. your CPU will kick its clock speed up to whats on the box. You can also see this by running orthos and using a CPUz to check theclock speed. CPUz will show you your current clock speed. and if you do anything thats CPU intensive your computer will jump up to its higher multi.

No problem iGame, its what we're here for and we love doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom