My $1,054 Gaming Rig Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel uneasy about making that processor switch from an Amd x965 to a core i5. I'd like a little more support for an i5 core if I can get it. Also will I need to change my Mobo if I go i5?

I feel uneasy about making that processor switch from an Amd x965 to a core i5. I'd like a little more support for an i5 core if I can get it. Also will I need to change my Mobo if I go i5?

Yes you would, but with $45 to spare you could probably go for a better one anyway :)

-Jamez

Maybe
Processor:
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Mobo:
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A79T Deluxe AM3 DDR3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

AMD with mobo (what you originally posted) is $433.99.
The more powerful I5 system is $369.98 :)

More Mobo information: GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification - GA-P55-UD4P (rev. 1.0).

Edit: I see you're one step ahead :) I don't think one PCI-E slot will be a problem, unless you are planning on getting another graphics card soon? :p

-Jamez

Not planning on going dual graphics cards since the new cards and direct X 11 is coming out. :cool: But I would like the Mobo to support it. Will that Gigabyte board do the trick and allow me to OC?

Maybe
Processor:
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Mobo:
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A79T Deluxe AM3 DDR3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

AMD with mobo (what you originally posted) is $433.99.
The more powerful I5 system is $369.98 :)

More Mobo information: GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification - GA-P55-UD4P (rev. 1.0).

Edit: I see you're one step ahead :) I don't think one PCI-E slot will be a problem, unless you are planning on getting another graphics card soon? :p

-Jamez

could you be a little more clear on this? were you suggestion he use an intel cpu with an amd mobo..?

@ Ddestruction, this is a good mobo for a good price.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD3R LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

could you be a little more clear on this? were you suggestion he use an intel cpu with an amd mobo..?

@ Ddestruction, this is a good mobo for a good price.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD3R LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Balls I got the links mixed up. I did mean to post the GA-P55-UD3R link, but I got them the wrong way round :)

I wouldn't suggest that :\ No one would :p.

Weirdly enough the link you posted from Newegg was the one I meant to use originally :)

-Jamez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom