Multiuse Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xarulsis

Baseband Member
I'm looking to purchase a new monitor for use of my PC, PS3, and Xbox360.
I'm looking to drop about $500 on a new monitor including shipping. Sadly my Xbox is an old one which doesn't have a HDMI port so the monitor must have a component slot. I will need a 1080p screen for blue-ray discs as well as uber computer gaming resolution. This is what I have come up with thus far:
Newegg.com - ASUS VK266H Black 25.5" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 20000:1 ) Built in Speakers w/ 2.0m Pixel Rotatable Webcam - LCD Monitors

I'm a little worried about this product as it is fairly new with no reviews. I'm looking for feedback on this monitor as well as suggestions for a different monitor or LCD TV.

(Note: I live in Alaska so if a product says free shipping it will most likely not be free for me. It seems that the average cost of shipping a monitor from newegg is $70.)

its looking like a pretty sweet panel... nice contrast ratio and response times, and it offers just about every interface under the sun... sweet price point too... id say take it!

Looks good :D can't really fault it although the price is a tad higher then It could be but with the built in webcam aswell as all the other extras I think its worth the cash if its not immediately needed then perhaps wait for sales you may get lucky.

Hey man,, if you're going to pay $70, might as well drive to a local computer warehouse, or something, when the gas is cheap. I don't think $70 is worth, especially if it's DOA.

Hey man,, if you're going to pay $70, might as well drive to a local computer warehouse, or something, when the gas is cheap. I don't think $70 is worth, especially if it's DOA.

He has a point actually the idea of shopping online is cheap deals due to lower overheads but with a $70 premium your cheap deal is quite expensive.

Even though I live in a community of about 80,000 the selection of monitors is very poor. I don't believe I've ever seen a monitor larger then 22inches here except at a specialty store where they are very expensive. I thought that if there was something wrong with my order newegg would pay to ship it back and to send me a new one, am I wrong?

True if its DOA. But if he gets it with a couple dead pixels, newegg wont do anything for him. Do you know if theres a best buy near you? They usually carry monitors over 24" and will allow you to return it for any reason, including dead pixels. Monitors are the one thing i'm wary of buying online due to pixel issues.

Sadly the nearest best buy to me is 340 miles away. Basically if the monitor isn't packed by either Walmart, Fred Meyer, or Office Max then we don't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom