Multitasking - dissapointment with AMD venice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhh I want to overclock my Venice 3000+ now!!!

With MSI D.O.T. I can get it to about 2ghz, but I'm afraid something is going to happen =(

Will this all work on my stock cooler? Average case temps are 38-40 degrees celcius with my sonata II + 92mm fan blowing on the stock cooler

you can get 2.2 with stock man. only 2.0 1.8 to 2.0 WoW lol. anyways GO FURTHER MAN. dont use the dot, do it yourself

You got almost an identical setup to me Chankama, except I have a 3200+...mind you looking back, I really should have just saved that 50 bucks and gotten the 3000+

You probably should have avoided the Rev2s since like me you probably are stuck with second rate tcc5s which are nothing like the real rev2s from before

I maxed mine at 270Mhz I'm pretty sure and my processor pretty well maxed at 2.85GHz which is kinda bad considering I got one of the good week15s

Chankama, I'd say you can get atleast 2.5GHz with that. Put a divider on the memory and find out what the max is.

lol yeah. I heard that people can get to 2.4 GHz comfortably. 2.6 seems too much though. I guess it really depends on the luck of the draw. I'll probably push it to the max and then revert back to 60% of the overclock just to ensure good stability. I do a shit load of number crunching, and don't want any "errors"... :)

Gaara: yeah man. They are no TCCD. But I've heard that some people on bleedingedge got over 300 MHz on the TCC5s. But, again, I guess it's the luck of the draw. hmmm.. 270 MHz eh?.. I guess u got one of the poor ones.. :(.. :p

mind you looking back, I really should have just saved that 50 bucks and gotten the 3000+
Agreed =/

I maxed mine at 270Mhz I'm pretty sure and my processor pretty well maxed at 2.85GHz which is kinda bad considering I got one of the good week15s
You shut that dirty whorish mouth of yours...psht 'ehh 2.85 is bad' I HATE YOU :p

well on a good note I found out that the RAM WAS indeed screwing over my overclock so now that lame ass 2.3GHz that wouldn't go over 1 hour 45 mins no matter what I did is now cruising smoothly...I need to hurry up, test the RAM to see if one or both sticks are bunk and RMA these sluts.

lol yeah. I heard that people can get to 2.4 GHz comfortably. 2.6 seems too much though. I guess it really depends on the luck of the draw.
Definitely luck of the draw, I thought my week18 would be an early enough week but I'm thinking it SUCKS, however I have found out my RAM is being bastard RAM and causing the CPU to not overclock too far...the RAM isn't so bunk that it causes windows instability, but it's not running at manufacturer specd timings at specd speeds, not to mention I can't loosen Cas latency...go figure LOOSENING a cas latency gives you BSODs

Gaara: yeah man. They are no TCCD. But I've heard that some people on bleedingedge got over 300 MHz on the TCC5s. But, again, I guess it's the luck of the draw. hmmm.. 270 MHz eh?.. I guess u got one of the poor ones..
TCCDs seem to have a better 'average' of hitting good scores, whereas TCC5s it's like hit or miss.

Patriot still better be using TCCD with brainpower PCB...I'm gonna be pissed if they RMA me ram with TCC5s........unless they do a miraculous never before seen ddr800 speeds then I GUESS I'll be happy :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom