Multiple Monitors on a HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh how is it worse? :$
I was looking at some of the need for speeds, cod, & what ever else TPB has to offer

We never said it wouldn't do it, but rather said it would not be enough power to play todays top end games with decent frame rates. IE, Battlefield 3, Metro 2033, Dirt 3, ect.

The first game he played was the first Dirt. DirectX 10 game and you cold probably do Eyefinity with a 5850 on that game.
Second game, Modern Warfare 2. Based on the overly used and very old CoD engine, yea, shouldn't have to say more. With that being said, I'm not sure if it's the video (probably) but it looks like he isn't using max settings.
I never played Batman, so can't comment on it.
Torchlight, older DX9 based RPG with low system requirements. Again, nothing more to say.

So basically what he did was demoed a bunch of low end games playing on a few big TVs showcasing a card that has relative performance around that of a 5870. Lets put it this way, in triple monitor Eyefinity on BF3 a 7970 stock has to do medium settings with no AA to get between 50 and 60fps. If you want to play older games that support this or want to play higher graphics games on low settings then sure go ahead and get this card. We are simply saying, it isn't enough horsepower to run 3 monitors and have all the pretties turned up.

Oh how is it worse? :$
I was looking at some of the need for speeds, cod, & what ever else TPB has to offer

It is a higher end model than a 7770
The first letter is the generation, and the last 3 are the performance indicators.
For example a 6850 is from the 6xxx series of AMD cards. It is a part of the 800 series due to the second 8 and is a 50 in terms of performance.
A 6950 is more powerful than a 6850. A 6870 is more powerful than a 6850.
The second digit is most important, with the last two digits being second most important.
The first digit represents the series. Each series will have different characteristics. For example, in low tessellation games, a 5850 will outperform a 6850. If the game includes tessellation, then the 6850 will usually outperform a 5850.
Nothing is 100% concrete as there are multiple variables to consider.

Edit:Expect spelling errors. I miss firefox with spell check :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom