Multiboxing WoW - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #31 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default Re: Multiboxing WoW

I wasn't being rude. I merely stated that his post was funny.

I'm not computer savvy.. so i need help! pleasee!! I just need it to be under $1000, just the desktop no mouse/keyboard/monitor
Old 01-17-2008, 06:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

hey lets all chill out here fellas.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #33 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM/PS1 View Post
I wasn't being rude. I merely stated that his post was funny.
yeah, but you really didn't so much of anything to progress the thread, so in this sense its better to not say anything then to say something...

to ink68,
your post i find very inconsiderate and inappropriate.. autism is a serious disorder that affects lots of people and takes a huge emotional toll on the families of those effected. In no way is it a laughing matter and i would hope to think you are a smarter person then to go and say that to someone who know's someone with autism. i sincerly hope i don't find another post by you that is like the previous one.

and to dontcar, how about instead of telling kids on a forums to get a life for playing a video game and wanting to try something new, you go outside, get some fresh air and get a life for yourself?

---MAIN TOPIC---

dude, i've done that before, only i have it so i have 2 instances on my main pc and 1 on my lappy and it works out pretty nicely. its good for fast lvling low lvl char's. as far as kmv switches go, it usually takes a bit to switch to the next pc, and plus you would have to have 5 pc's if you wanted to run 5 instances and go that route.
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #34 (permalink)
Master Techie

I'd think a quad with 2GB of ram would run 5 instances without problems.

I take it you'll run duals with the main on one screen and the 4 alts on the other? A single high end GPU should be fine with that, vista would probably be preferrable, as it has much better DX performance over multiple screens.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:26 PM   #35 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

also what he could do is just run all 5 on one monitor, but just have his main up and just make sure the baddies don't agro.
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:40 PM   #36 (permalink)
True Techie

Wow... Xzin stepped it up to 10 characters! Considering he use to pretty much solo battlegrounds... he has to be insane now.

Oh by the way, I just have to do it.

Quote:
yeah, but you really didn't so much of anything to progress the thread, so in this sense its better to not say anything then to say something...

to ink68,
your post i find very inconsiderate and inappropriate.. autism is a serious disorder that affects lots of people and takes a huge emotional toll on the families of those effected. In no way is it a laughing matter and i would hope to think you are a smarter person then to go and say that to someone who know's someone with autism. i sincerly hope i don't find another post by you that is like the previous one.

and to dontcar, how about instead of telling kids on a forums to get a life for playing a video game and wanting to try something new, you go outside, get some fresh air and get a life for yourself?
Old 01-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #37 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

how many instances of WOW could you run on this puppy?
BlueGene/L | TOP500 Supercomputing Sites
Old 01-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #38 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

i think that's just a tinsy-winsie bit excessive.

i bet you coudl turn out wu's like a ***** on that thing.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:37 PM   #39 (permalink)
j12
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by weelilmatt View Post
its definately not against the terms im sure ive talked to multiple GMs about it, its perfectly fine. seriously read up on it at dual-boxing.com its pretty interesting.. im figuring ill get

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Quad
4GB RAM
8800 GTS 320MB 320-bit video card
Get a life, go outside and do something useful with your life.

Laptop:
MacBook 2.2GHz Santa Rosa | 120GB HDD | 4GB ram
Desktop:
Intel C2D E6300 @ 3.2GHz | 4GB ram | 880GB total HDD space | Gigabyte P965-DS3 | eVGA 8800GTS 640mb | Corsair HX 520 | Audigy 2 ZS platnium | Antec 900
Old 01-17-2008, 11:15 PM   #40 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

^^dude^^...
he's 15. not like he's gonna be out curing diabetes or something.