Muh new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
Well... Didn't really have time to post a build log (Had to get it back up as fast as I could for a computer science class project), so here's just a finished result. Not going to win any beauty pageants for cable management, but the red accent on the card looks absolutely fantastic. :thumbsup:

GEDC0164.JPG

GEDC0165.JPG

GEDC0167.JPG

GEDC0168.JPG

They're all taken with a ridiculously high MP camera, so just right click and view for a larger picture :tongue:
Final specs:
i7 2600k @ 4.5 Ghz (45 x 100, changed from 43 x 105)
16GB DDR3 1333 G.SKILL RipJaws RAM
XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Black Edition (1000Mhz core)
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P Z68 LGA 1155 Motherboard
Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Cooler
120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD (Thanks to Fat.Clown)

Temps: CPU hits maybe 56-60 when gaming at 4.5Ghz, haven't ran any real tests... Seems very stable at 4.5
GPU hits a max of maybe 70C when playing BF3

Looks great! Not my favorite RAM, and it's air cooled (big turn off in my book) but (s)he is a beauty! Love the XFX 7950, the red accents on the card really go well with the whole scheme of the build. :thumbsup: But c'mon man, join the 5GHz+ club with that 2600k!

You need a red LED fan on that cooler to really set it all off. ;)

Just tried getting to anything above 4.7 on my current knowledge of overclocking.. Failed every time :tongue: Although I've heard OCing i7's are different than Core 2 Quads.. I'll have to read up on overclocking these things.

@Trotter - I almost bought one... but I figured this one would work and look fine :tongue:

Just tried getting to anything above 4.7 on my current knowledge of overclocking.. Failed every time :tongue: Although I've heard OCing i7's are different than Core 2 Quads.. I'll have to read up on overclocking these things.

@Trotter - I almost bought one... but I figured this one would work and look fine :tongue:

I'll be at your house by 2am on tuesday to ninja your rig. :devil:
Newegg.com - AeroCool Shark Fan 12cm Devil Red Edition 120mm Red LED Case Fan
I don't know if thats inside your case, but if it is, its look wonderfull man.
Also for 4.7ghz, your doing quite well dude, also use coretemp gadget and make sure you get a good read on your temps.

If I am right, I think soulphire and slaymate may have hit higher OC'd than yours.

Nice Job Fargle_Rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom