MSI USB Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excelsius

Baseband Member
I just finished putting my PC together but haven't tested it thoroughly yet. One thing I did notice is that the USB ports are not workking. At the first I thought that maybe I made the wrong connections, but the USB ports in the back of the motherboard don't work either. Do you know what might cause this?

I have MSI K9N SLI Platinum and windows XP.

Another problem is that just as my PC is loading the very beginning logo of "Platinum" with silver colors is heavily pixelated. This shouldn't be like that right?

try changing ur case usb connectors. The ones that come w/ teh case,like the hdd light, on switch, etc. I know when i took my onboard sound connector off, my sound didnt work in the back either.

This is a brand new Antec Performance I P180B case. Do you really think it has faulty USB? I don't think so - you didn't read carefully because I mentioned that the connections on the motherboard itself don't work either.

Any ideas?

do the usb ports show up in device manager.

make sure you have all windows updates and chipset drivers installed

i wouldnt worry about the logo at the beginning, since the pc has to use the most basic of resolutions and colour depths whilst first booting up.

however, my old 9600pro was pixelated during start up and also had a tonne of artifact errors in games but if your not noticing artifacts anywhere else then i wouldnt worry.

Do you have service pack one installed? You need this for USb (or drivers pre SP1 days.)

I was having too many problems with XP Pro. Microsoft has made it really hard to crack it to full functionality!

Anyways, I bought the 64bit XP Professional and will install it soon and then I'll see if it solves the problem. Probably it's not caused by windows because when I had this problem I already had SP2 installed (but it wasn't completely up to date).

Anyone in here uses 64 bit? I hope that I won't have too many compatibility issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom