Msi Nx8800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
first: Where can i find this card, is it even out yet? on the msi site it doesnt have a buy link or anything.

second: i noticed that the new 8800 GT cards are pci-e 2.0 so my question is what exactly does that mean and will the cards be backwards compatible with my current motherboard an ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe i checked the asus site and found no info.

any help would be greatly appreciated. tia.

yes it is out and the 8800gt performs faster than 8800 gts 320mb and is cheaper. PCI-E 2.0 is the next gen interface but I'm not sure if any motherboard supports it natively yet. I think 8800GT will do fine on your motherboard.

You'll be fine. EVERY SLI board on the market right now is only pci-e 1.1, er well the recent boards. Currently the only pci-e 2.0 baords are x38 boards and they only support crossfire. The 8800gt works perfectly fine on anything that supports pci-e 1.1.

now i just need to find where to buy it. i hear that a lot of the 8800gt's are on back order and stuff and i find links and stuff to order them when they come in for all the other cards accept the nx8800gt.

Some of the 8800GTs will restock this week, at newegg. Sometime between 11/15-11/19.

One more question, I read one benchmark review that said the msi nx8800gt was one of the better cards of the 8800gt's what are your takes on that.

In my opinion, any 8800GT will work. An 8800GT is an 8800GT. Though the preferred brand for Nvidia cards are EVGA or XFX, because of their warranty service and quality.

its probably because that MSI was a superclocked card.. but you can always get the cheapest one.. and do it yourself..

MSI usually have the cheapest normal clocked Nvidia cards out there, them and Foxconn. MSI is very good for cards though too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom