Status
Not open for further replies.

Curry Viking

Baseband Member
Hey, i'm deciding between these two mobos

ASUS A8N-E Socket 939 nForce 4

and

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum

In your opinions, which is a better board for gaming?
I was thinking the MSI because then i can stick a couple of SATA II hard drives in their.

Thanks in advance

hehe, Chris this thread had your name written all over itm I'm not gonna back ASUS just for the sake of doing it. DFI make an excellent board as well.

Asus's recent A8N boards have kinda redeemed Asus in my eyes, but they did have a pretty bad track record a while ago

that being said, I still recommend the MSI board. they are stable, have lots of features (including SATA II) and being a good overclocker

I don't see why Asus is hated as much as it is, I speak from experience of owning both an ASUS mobo and GPU with no problems in either. I also admit that it's not the best board but it deserves more credit than it gets.

I agree the A8N series rock.

I'm talking about before their K8 boards. they had a pretty bad run with a lot of socket A and socket 478 boards.
I think they used to use cheap capacitors which didn't last very long, but they have changed the capacitors they use now.

MSI. I'm running one right now very happily. I think they loaded the platinum bios onto my motherboard or something. The overclocking features are endless.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom