MSI 5830 frozr II or Sapphire 5850?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarkovskii

Baseband Member
Hi Im putting together an overclocked i7 build and im stuck on what grapphics card to buy.

The MSI 5830 looks awesome!

Although, the sapphire 5850 is only £20 more. It doesn't look as cool, but would it increase the graphical performance by alot?

Thanks.

For only £20 more, I'd say it's worth it. It's really up to you, depends on if you can fit it into your budget :)
If you need any more help, feel free to ask.

there's no way i would buy a 5830 just because it looks cool when i could get a 5850 for £20 more, that's how much better a 5850 is.

a 5830 is closer to a 5770 in terms of performance anyway.

definitely buy the 5850.

Brilliant. That was the perfect answer i was looking for.

:D

Also got two more small questions.

is it worth spending extra for the corsair 850w psu rather than something like green xcase green power 850w? I really like that Enermax ERV850EWT 850W Revolution 85+ PSU but its hellish pricey.

and would a ram fan be worth it for 6gb of corsair ram, or do i just want the single way air flow?

Cheers dudes.

umm unsure yet, want the aerocool touch 2000 on the front. basic seagate 1tb hdd, i7 processor, asus p6x58d-e mobo, 6gb patriot viper ram, akasa cpu fan, cheaper blue ray dvd/cd-rom. just debating whether i should have :

Enermax ERV850EWT 850W Revolution 85+ PSU
or
Corsair 850w ATX 4x PCI-E/ 8x SATA PS/2 PSU

probs corsair cause its cheaper.

and the suggested xfx 5850

the reason the parts are different than before is because the i7 bundle on overclockers was better than the awd-it bundle offer

okay thanks dude.

do you think this blue ray player will be substantial? : LG CH08LS10 Super Multi BD-ROM & DVDRW.. | Ebuyer.com

and will do as the only disk drive? or will i need a basic cd/rom aswell

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay scrap that idea of 850, i'll take your advice and get a corsair 750w, although what one should i get.

tx850w or hx 850w (Modular)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom