Mouse troubles? Need help in case of mobo RMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mk97

In Runtime
Ok, I've had my friend's uber budget comp running for probably 4 days stright with absolutly no problems, and last night he went out and bought a proper case for it all.

So I take it out of the old case and put it into the new one, everything fits great, and it's all up and running in no time.

I plug it in and it boots, then it doesn't boot to the HD, I had the DVD and HD on the same IDE cable, so I put them both on their own cable and it boots to windows. Now we run into the problem. The mouse doesn't move at all. It's stuck in the middle of the screen and does nothing. I figured it must be some weird quirk and let it go.

He takes it back to his house and his mouse does the same thing. I figured maybe I messed up the mouse port when I installed the mobo, tho I don't know why the keyboard would work and the mouse wouldn't.

I get him to put a usb mouse in and it doesn't work either. Tho the usb is working because his wireless internet conector is usb and the ne worked fine.

Specs-
Biostar G6100 M7 mobo
Sempron 2800
640mb ram
old 6gb HD
old DVD drive
Aspire X-qpack case
Aspire 420watt psu (size for case)

I already tried reformatting it, thinking it was a windows problem. It did the same thing, it also shows nothing for mice under the device manager.

Here's what I think are the possible problems:

Damaged while moving into case, but I don't know why the keyboard would work, and why a usb mouse won't either.

the only major change is the psu, everything else was the same as used before.

I'm completely at a loss... I've found a bios update that solves a problem with the mouse port, but it's a largly unrelated problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to try upgrading the bios, and I need some other ideas what's wrong.

If I can't fix it I guess I'll have to RMA it... dissapointing because it was working flawlessly and now it's being wack.

Ya, 3 in total... The mobo works in all cases, and a usb mouse doesn't work. I'm very confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom