Mounting an Intel Heatsink+Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

bermarx

Solid State Member
I am trying to get the fan/heatsink that comes with the intel core 2 duos to mount onto my motherboard, but I am not having much luck. These little plastic things are supposed to snap into the mounting holes, but I can only get one or two at a time. They things you push down on are twistable, but twisting them doesn't appear to do much.

Is there a secret technique to this or what? At this rate, my board will snap before I get the things to pop in correctly.

thanks

If they are the same as previous LGA 775 coolers, all you have to do is push each pair of oppisite mounts down and it will lock in place. You don't need to twist them.

They twist so that you can remove the heatsink.

You should do this with the MB out of the case. Take both hands, one on the pin, one on the back of MB to give support. I assume you twisted some of the pins and push some in, so turn all the pins counterclockwise (viewing from the top black part) and pull them up then turn them all clockwise (viewing from the top black part). Then put the HS on the MB (don't forget therm paste), where all the plastic pins go through. It should be stuck there freely but secure to the holes. Then push one down REALLY HARD till you hear a click/snap. Then push the opposite on down REALLY HARD. With two in place the rest should be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom