Motherboard for work computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

meat_helmet

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, I'm going to install windows XP on my dad's work computer, cause he has been using 2000 and been reluctant to change until now. I've decided it would be best to upgrade to a better mobo cause he has a pretty crap intel one now.

The thing is, he doesnt need a overclocking one, nor a gaming one. He needs a really reliable one with good driver support etc.

Here are the specs his pc has:

E6300
Nvidia quadro FX370
2GB 800Mhz ram
2x200GB Barracudas
Acer 24" widescreen

He uses it for CAD and the like. I think he would like to keep the price down, probably around the $150-200 Australian (~$100-150 US) mark, however, if there was a definate benifit i could convince him to pay extra.

Any suggestions?

The thing is, he doesnt need a overclocking one, nor a gaming one. He needs a really reliable one with good driver support etc.

Heh for 100 USD the majority of the mobos you will find are overclockers and gaming ones. The majority of the new boards just naturually overclock decent becuase of how well of an overclocker the chipsets are.

This is always a good board regardless of who you are
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

You can go cheaper really such as the P31

Heh for 100 USD the majority of the mobos you will find are overclockers and gaming ones. The majority of the new boards just naturually overclock decent becuase of how well of an overclocker the chipsets are.

This is always a good board regardless of who you are
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

You can go cheaper really such as the P31

Yeh i was thinking maybe the DS3L could be good, as its the same as my DS3R, without raid, and my boards been very good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom