Motherboard vs Motherboard - OC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
God bless the maximus :)
and to think when i first mentioned i was getting it almost everyone on this forum told me not to!

Lol.. Well.. as long as my machine can get to atleast 4GHz I will be happy. That way I can shove it in Alienware's $5,000 face! my rig will only cost me $2,000 or less. :)

The Phase Cooling Device $800+ I am getting free. :) Can not wait to try it out!

Thats about all i'll need to know about this rig it seems.. I have been looking at modding websites to see what I can make of this rig.

I was getting the Antec 900 but the more research I do on it the more I see it's downfalls.. I think that the Cooler Master Stacker 830 is the case I am going to get. It has PLENTY of space and good modability. - I also saw that one rig on these forums a guy painted the metal on the case red with the black outer cover.. that was sweet... I may end up doing something like that.

830's are ugly get a tj-07 from silverstone, or the ABS case Nosboost has and then mod the bottom compartment to hold the phase unit internally = epic win

I like the CM 830 case.. It can be modded easily. If I get one I will paint it and spruce it up with some mods..maybe a window if I feel like it.. although I know that will limit the airflow severly..it all depends on how it works out..If you go online and search there are literally tons of awesome case mods for the 830 series CoolerMaster cases.

The NewEgg review for the 830nvid/832 series:

CM Stacker 832

write.gif
Reviewed By: The Guy Called Kris on 12/23/2007
goldegg.gif
goldegg.gif
goldegg.gif
goldegg.gif
goldegg.gif
n1_tech.gif
Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 month to 1 yearThis user purchased this item from Newegg.com

Pros: This case, theres alot to be said about it. firstly, the cooling on this case is superior to any other case that is out and will be out in the next months. ive compared this to the upcoming TT Armor+ and while that case looks a bit better and has more expansion slots, the cooling on this 830/832 line is superior. the side panel fan cage is not limited to 120mm x 25mm fans, only the tooless system is. there are screw mounts on the cage where one can install 140, 120, 92, and even 80mm fans of ANY thickness as long as the fans have normal screw holes! the aluminum on the case door is a good 1/8th of an inch thick, can probably use it as a face shield in flying debris its so thick. the orientation of this case can also be changed as well, the case door can be changed to open to the right or to the left (it naturally comes opening to the right) the motherboard tray can also be inverted and installed on the left side instead of the right so one can have it set up upside down

Cons:
well, the case accomplishes its goals perfectly, it is THE best cooled case you can get your hands on PERIOD and if its still not good enough, its very modder friendly, you can probably buy 15mm thick 80mm fans and install them on the bottom of the motherboard tray to cool the backside of the motherboard, sure the fans would make it difficult to slide the tray back out, but you can always cut at the case to remove some metal to let the fans go... the aluminum on the case thats not in the front door is rather thin and flimsy, the top would bend if you apply little force. i used to let my guests and myself sit on my PC (TT Armor) case and my subwoofer (z5300e) as chairs if needed, supported people up to 180lbs. both were VERY sturdy items, this isn't. the finish of this case leaves SO MUCH to be wanted. while it looks good, i would've preferred a glossy finish. it feels like rough unfinished wood without the splinters, it would rip skin cells off your hands if you rub it the wrong

Other Thoughts:
ill continue my pros and cons here. PROS: the bottom of this case has two extra 120mm fan ports that are not limited by height (but may interfere with add-in cards)and the top of this case has another 120mm fan port, HOWEVER this is a tooless port and will only take a 120x25mm fan. CONS: the wheels don't grip the ground well and slide rather than roll on the ground, not good for my hardwood floor. the HDD cage is VERY difficult to work with once loaded with 4 HDDS, the thing is heavy and difficult to screw into the case (tooless mechanism doesnt work for the HDD cage)as there is no guide to keep the cage from going below the screw line. i wedged a ball of paper in there to help out lastly the rough finish makes it VERY easy for the thing to scratch the paint off itself. all things aside, this case is AWESOME, just be sure to have alot of cloth towels to lay it on so to doesn't scratch the floor or itself. the pros outweigh the cons, this case is worth the tiny bit o...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom