motherboard that supports agp

Status
Not open for further replies.

test_drive

Solid State Member
Hi

Its my first time here, does anyone know where i can buy a top spec motherboard that supports agp not worried about the price.
i have the ati radeon 9700 pro graphics card in the computer.

i know i can get a new computer, or motherboard that supports sli, but i just want to update my old computer first. dont ask i just want to

thanks for your help

dont mind about the cpu at mo, if i can get it in a package deal then cool, i'm not too worried. any extra info will help alot
thanks

most likely i will get a new intel processor as well

was just looking into the motherboard first

need a top spec motherboard with agp would like it with intel processor

what should i be looking for?

anyhelp finding one would be appreciated

thanks

Go look at computer stores for old used computers. I ran the 9700 pro 8 years ago and AGP has been dead for a long time.

My 6-year-old gaming rig runs the ABIT IC7: Intel Chipset, OC'ing abilities and AGP8X. Was pretty spiffy back in the day, if you can find one, I suggest getting it...i've had nothing but a reliable 6 years with mine.

EDIT: eBay

I feel almost obtrusive saying this, I know what you are asking. Getting one of those boards for an upgrade doesn't make much sense. seems you are wanting to keep the card and upgrade everything else, when in reality you will be bottlenecking yourself upgradewise by staying with that card. yes, it's a decent card, but your future upgrades will not go far. you can get relatively inexpensive 9 series cards, and medium to upper grade motherboards with PCI-E 2.0 for very low prices. Just my opinion dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom