Motherboard shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay.. so i'm on the market for a new motherboard, that supports SLi, because i will be going down that road soon... now i'm looking for something that'll let me surpass 400fsb... because i'm always try to hit that 4.0 ghz on my e6600... and i need to be able to do 3.7-3.8 ghz for my 3dmark runs....

so with that said, i've had my eye on the p5b, and the 680i.. though i've heard from alot from this forum that the 680i has over 400 fsb problems???

i'm just looking for a great overclocker that'll do sli... if anyone has experience with a motherboard that'll do so for me.. lemme know

thanks ahead of time

ya... i figured that.. but i like to stay round yonder.. why i don't know.... i've usually just been coming around when i'm in my overclocking seasons.. otherwise.. i'm usually a ghost now...

Get the 680i Nos. I hit 3.8 before I put my gpu's in my water loop. I know if I lapped my cpu, which I will probably do once it is actually paid for, I will be able to get my temps down and push my cpu to above 3.8 consistantly. Most of the people who have problems with the board seem to be having them with really high voltage memory, like around 2.4v. Tons of people over at XS use this board and love it. And btw, if you do go this route, the nforce mcp, spp-mcp, and spp all affect graphics performance in some way. Several people told me they shouldn't, but when I upped them I was able to go farther with my gpu oc and stay stable. I still don't know what safe levels are so I'm heading over to XS today to see how far people have gone.

well i've read that the p5w is better with oc'ing e6600's and up, while the p5b is a 965 so it's better for everything below an e6600. someone let me know if i'm wrong. the 680i is supposedly really good at oc'ing, and is sli.

well... if its got a 400fsb cap, its out of the question... because i'm trying to hit 4.0 ghz... and i want something that'll keep stable at about 410 fsb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom