Which motherboard is right for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nezzari

In Runtime
eVGA 133-K8-NF41 nForce-4 SLI Chipset Dual DDR w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE 1394, Dual PCI-E MB

Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI nVidia nForce4-SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394 Dual PCI-E MB

MSI K8N Neo4-SLI nForce4-SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0 PCI-E Motherboard

MSI K8N Neo4-F nForce4 Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0 PCI-E Motherboard

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Dual Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE 1394 PCI-E MB

I'm going to be using an Athlon 64 X2 3800+ with 2 gigs of ram. As for the video card, I'm getting a 6200 (no sli). Are any of these motherboards good?

Look into what features you need to utilize. Is the 6200 PCIe? I didn't think they made 'em like that, so maybe you need an AGP board. Look what you need, and then buy accordingly. Ask any questions you have comparing boards, don't let these guys make your mind up.

Ryan

The card is PC-i Express. Sadly, I really don't have any knowledge about motherboards. I just don't want to end up with a bad one >.<

For the record, I'm pretty sure I'm going with the

MSI K8N Neo4/SLI

THE BIG QUESTION!

How does it work out changing the BIOS to recognize both cores?

I know it is supposed to be done, and MSI makes it sound like just a little change, but I checked a review from this one guy that said it was really not workin out.

Anyone have experience with MSI mobos and x2 AMDs?

Really lookin for first hand experience but all is good

I think I'm going to get MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Dual Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE 1394 PCI-E MB.

Although some people have been telling me that Asus would be better for AMD.

MSI is reasonable with OCing, though if you want super OCing then you should go with DFI

Thanks PZEROFGH, I think I'm going to use MSI (Don't want to go crazy with OC) lol. Just hope it doesn't have any issues with X2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom