Motherboard Recomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like2game

Baseband Member
I am kind of thinking of getting a new motherboard for my pc. I have a Evga 680i sli nf68-AR at the moment and it has an issue with over clocking Quad cores. I never registered it when i first got it so i can't exchange it for the A1 model,The chip set in it heats up a lot and i am thinking it is causing some problems in Crysis and far Cry 2 (other games seem to be working ok).

I am just curious to what a really good overclocking motherboard would be for the other parts i have, which are:
Q6700 cpu with arctic freezer pro 7
2x2gig Crucial Balistix pc2-6400
Evga gtx260 core 216 SC
TX750 Corsair PSU
500gig seagate HDD (the 32 mb cache one)

I would like to keep sli in the mix incase i get a 2nd 260 when the prices drop more. I don't plan to rush into this but i would really like to know what mobos to keep my eyes on so if a good deal pops up i won't miss out. I also don't want to end up with another lemon, something tried and tested is what i am after.

the arctic freezer pro 7 is a nice cooler for it's price

however, it just doesn't cut it with quad cores

if you want to keep your chip nice and cool, you need to go with the big boys. for example Thermalright ultra 120 extreme, Nocuta NH-U12P, Xigmatek S1283(with backplate bracket), Sunbeam core-contact freezer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom