Motherboard question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not just the fact that its old...its just not really a "gaming" card.

8800GT's are old and still plenty fast and can run most games out there extremely well still.

8600GT's in SLI still cant touch a single 8800GT or 4670 so yeah, gpu upgrade would be a major improvement.

How much are you willing to spend on a video card thresh?

4670, 4830, 4850, or 4870. Considering each of the cards I listed is sub $200, you really couldn't go wrong with any of them.

I was looking at a recertified 9800 gtx+ on newegg for like 130. I figured that's somewhat of a steal for that card. it's an evga. I'm not exactly sure what recertified means though, I assume someone returned it.

hmm. one could argue the 2nd is a much better deal. But I have very limited funds and I Have got to cut off somewhere. I am probably gonig to need a new case. as my case now is very cramped with the aftermarket cpu cooler.

Edit:

Recent rumors have been spreading that both AMD and Intel are edging away from a full-fledged DDR3 push due to a lack of consumer demand. While this remains a rumor for the time being, it's a good time to remind anyone who might have forgotten that AM3 CPUs, which are due to launch soon, will be backwards compatible with Socket AM2/AM2+ motherboards.

This will be the first time AMD has maintained backwards compatibility across a socket change and it has significant ramifications for anyone who owns an older board. New Phenom II AM3 parts at lower speeds (and price points) should be drop-in replacements for anyone with an AM2-based Athlon 64 X2 or existing Phenom system. Thanks to the 45nm shift, these new AM3 chips should also be far more suited to the power limitations in certain 780G motherboards as well.

Okay... I have already asked this, but unless I'm reading it wrong I could throw an AM3 chip into my am2 board? Or does my board need to be am2+???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom