Motherboard Installation Probems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joered

Solid State Member
I am currently installing a m4a79xtd evo motherboard into an Antec 900 case, and I am running into a problem. I put in the I/O shield which had padding on it, and then I put in the mobo. Everything lines up with the I/O shield except the mouse/keyboard circular ports which are too high. I can not get these to fit at all. Should I remove the padding on the shield? Has anyone had a problem like this?

The risers came installed into the case... I guess I could move them around and see if that would let it sit lower in certain spots. Would this work?

Thanks.
-Joe

Make sure the standoffs are aligned with the holes in the motherboard. If a standoff is located in a position that does not line up with the motherboard it will short out the system

They all align with the holes. 6 of the standoffs came already in the case with 3 extras I can screw into the rest of the holes that line up.

If your motherboard has 9 holes then you should use 9 standoffs. Make sure they are all tightened down, but don't strip out the threads (it doesn't take much). When all the standoff's are properly installed the motherboard should be perfectly flat and everything should line up.

I realize it should fit, but one part of the board is too high up. Does it matter if I use 8 instead of 9?

Does it matter if I use 8 instead of 9?

Probably not, but you should check the standoff in question to make sure it screwed in all the way. Is the motherboard tray bent or dented? Make sure the stand-off in question is the same size as the others. I have seen some that were longer than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom