Motherboard help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehdigit

In Runtime
alright.
money isnt an issue and i am trying to figure out what the BEST deal i can get on an AMD SLI motherboard.
The motherboard is the one area where my expertise seems to lack somewhat and i want to make the absolute BEST choice. If you can explain your reasoning for your choice so i can gain more knowledge that would be incredible. Spending less money is always good though.

This is what im running without the Mobo-

Aspire X-superalien mid-case
2 gigs twinx corsair mem
1 eVGA 7900gt (planning on a 2nd when i get money)
2 160gig HD's(havent purchased yet)
AMD x2 4200+ processor
No internal soundcard yet. Im running a USB icemat soundcard.

So thats the setup. money isnt an issue i just dont want to spend a fortune. I saw the eVGA motherboard and its really cheap. but then i look at the ASUS A8N SLI premium and dont get all the differences.

Oh yeh also what are the main differences between the regular ASUS A8N SLI mobo's and the deluxe and premium's?

Thanks for all the noob help:D

DFI Lanparty UT Sli-DR. end of story, OH AND BTW

do not get the x2 4200+, its has low L2 Cache, either get the 3800+ or the 4400+, but if u want to OC in the near future, get the Opteron 165. either way DO NOT get the 4200+. another suggestion. get 1x160GB HD, and 1x36GB Raptor for System programs and games.

everything else is great. good luck.

yes dfi all the way, there is no other choice. As john3 said, stay away from the x2 4200.

alright thank you guys im going to look at the motherboard and put it in high consideration

i will change my processor as well because you are right i didnt look at that. i actually research everything before i buy it. and i havent gotten there yet :)

now is the 4400 well worth the extra cash?

well i would definitely go with newegg, without a doubt, the other site seems a lil unprofessional. GO WITH NEWEGG!

and as for the processors, yes the 4400+ is worth the extra cash,b ut the 3800+ is just fine, it will run great, and OC it l8a

well were in canada do u live? if u live in Toronto, i can recommend some great stores with the cheapest prices.

BTW: i would change the CPU in ur Coming Soon: Sig, either change it to 3800+ or 4400+ or the Opteron 165, the 4200+ is not good as stated above.

hmm ic thanks...well i live in winnipeg manitoba

what would u get 3800 or 4400...i don't plan on ocing

also does everying thing look good in the coming soon part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom