Motherboard and CPU help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shurikanx1

Beta member
For the Mobo i was thinking
-ASRock A780LM AM2+/AM2 AMD RS780L (760G) Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

And I can't decide on the CPU, either
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor
or
-AMD Athlon X2 7850 Black Edition Kuma 2.8GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core Processor

Which is better for gaming?

I do have a pretty tight budget with the economy and all. I picked a mid-tower so it's not restricted to a mATX but the mobo seemed reasonably priced. All I want is to be able to play new and upcomming games (doesn't have to be hi-def or anything) that run smoothly.
All together with all the parts I'm looking at 300$ and from what i've read the parts I have chosen will run new games.

Is your $300 just for mb and cpu or do you need other parts as well with that budget?

If so what do you need to get with your $300?

I have already picked everything else out

8800GTS Video card
2Gigs of ram
Mid-tower with 3 fans
420watt PSU
and the mobo and PSU i mentioned above
so all together this all equals a little over 300$

still a bit confused. Do you have $300 to spend on mb and cpu?
if so.
I would look at something like this:
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
$260 with $15mir

If not post up links to your build so we can see what you got going on.

I'm pretty sure it's a $300 build.

OP : I would choose the 7850 over 6000.

I'd go with this combo, as you get a better board, for around the same price. (The ASRock + 7850 is $128.99 + shipping. The Combo deal is $118.99 + shipping)
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom