Motherboard... confusion. DS3L or P?

Status
Not open for further replies.

small256

In Runtime
After a thread I made the other day asking for help with a new motherboard for an old kit, I'd decided on the p35 ds3l. Shopping around, I somehow stumbled across the ds3p (a bad link in fact)

I was wondering what the difference actually is..?

Gigabyte GA P35-DS3P ATX Motherboard - Intel Socket 775: Electronics & Photo: Amazon.co.uk
(the link I was incorrectly chucked at)

As far as I can tell from gigabytes own site, the only differences I can find are that the ds3p doesn't do LAN and has more SATA connectors...

Or am I missing somerthing major here?

This one also seems a really good price, so if it's okay, I'll be going for it.

At the time I bought my DS3L it was $100 and the DS3P was $140. I was about to get the DS3P but I researched and found that the only differences is that the DS3P has a few more SATA connections, bigger NB heatsink, and because of this its $40 more

: /

Depending on how much you can get for the DS3L I would suggest you get that, its a barely stripped down version of the DS3P just so that they can offer more than one version and make a few extra bucks off people. Its not like either one is going to give you more frames, no motherboard does that. So only look at the overclock-ability of these boards, how much they cost and if they have all the connections you need.

I'm using DS3L with e8400 and have an OC of about 4ghz. I could go higher but 4ghz is fast enough for me.

Well, the first reason I was interested in this one is because it's actually -cheaper- than the DS3Ls that I can find, by about £3 or something!

I really don't know about overclocking between them. From benchmarks I've seen, I know that the processor I have can be OCd by 46% on the DS3L but I don't know about the DS3P.

It also means I can get the DS3P immediately rather than have to wat until somewhere gets the DS3L in stock...

yeahs since your on a budget just get the ds3L i would, overclocking wont even be any worse, itll give you the same o/c. depending on where your buying from the Abit ip-35 is also a great mobo and offers great overclocking, if your buying from amazon the ds3l is obviosuly a better option though.

it does, but only 4x on the second card/slot. it could be a great investment, though, an extra old card for dual monitors.....anyone?

Well, you know what, it's cheaper than the DS3L by £3 for some reason, I'm saving £48.31 on it's own price, it sounds like it's a better deal overall soooo... I think I'll go for the DS3P!

Cheers for the help!

EDIT: It's done ;) A magic moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom