Motherboard advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall are getting WAY too hung up on world records. Unless you plan on ln2'ing the northbridge that 700+ FSB doesnt mean JACK.

REguardless of what board you get, the 9550 is most likely going to top out around 4ghz on water, lower on air.

No I'm not. Its called being a smart consumer. Pretty much all of them will be able to take me up to water with no sweat, but when that isn't sufficient to gauge which is better I have to use something. Also Asus boards tend to be more expensive than everyone else's.

well dunno, you have to give us more info than that. what cpu? what mobo? what volts do you have? what is you r memory and what are the settings on it? and have you run a stress testing program?

Rofl, that's why I'm 5 points away from a weekly ban.

er yeah...
anyways back to the OP, this thread has only served to get me slightly more confused but heres what I understand so far. Okay so the P35 chip is old and just don't consider it, next I have to consider the p45 chip ( how is this improved from a p35 exactly? ) and wether or not I want to SLI or CF ( for the SLI or CF specific boards ), when you say nvidia boards are bad are you refering to stuff like the evga 750i? Also I just heard about stuff like the Core i7 and x58...what are that and what do they do better?

the P45 effectively replaces the p35. It was designed for Intel's 45nm Core2 processors. P45 is really good at overclocking. The Biostar P45 has the current world record for fsb, 725mhz and the Gigabyte p45 is really good at overclocking quad core processors.

P45s support Crossfire, they do not support sli. If you want SLI you have to get an nvidia board. The problem with them is that they aren't very reliable and don't OC as well as the P45s. The only Nvidia board I would recommend would be the 750iFTW, And I still think it is over priced.

Corei7 is Intel's new processor that will come out on the 17th of this month. X58 is the enthusiast level motherboard that will go with it (it replaces x48 and x38). Unless you have several hundred dollars to put towards the cpu and motherboard alone I wouldn't worry about them until next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom