Which motherboard? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question Which motherboard?

Bulding a machine with 2x 4850's, and a Q6600. My choices as far as mobo's are sort of limited but theres a couple im looking at. I just want to find out from you guys in you HO what im going to be gaining by going with the more expensive one. Im just basically trying to figure out the difference bewteen these and the advantages of going with the "beefier" one.

ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 Newegg.com - ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

DFI DK X38-T2R Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Abit IX38 Quad GT Newegg.com - ABIT IX38 Quad GT LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

P.S. Has anyoine had any experience with Out Of Box items? I can get the stuff alot cheaper that way but is it dangerous?

Thanks for any and all help...

Old 06-27-2008, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
I feel funny...
Send a message via AIM to thirdshiftdj
Default Re: Whioch motherboard?

they're all good. DFI probably would be the best choice for ocing. I hope your researching the bios because it has tons of features that you've probably never seen or heard of. It'll be confusing at first until you learn it.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Default Re: Whioch motherboard?

Ste has had many bad experiences with the IX38, but the Asus P5E can be flashed to a Rampage Formula, and the DFi can overclock really well... hmm...

tough between those two.. errrmmmm get the DFI I guess

EDIT: don't get any of those...

Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Closed Thread