Which Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

roumieh2000

Baseband Member
Hello to everyone..:)

I want ot build a new PC early next month and I'm confused regarding the motherboard i want to put in..

I dont prefer the Intel motherboards and I prefer it to have DDR3 cababilty in it.

Something around 150$-200$ would be great.

Will it be an Asus, Gigabyte, MSI or something of your choice guys.

Would be great if you guys gave me your latest biulds specifecations.

GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-P35C-DS3R (rev. 1.0)

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

One more thing is that i have to put in there a Core 2 Quad.

The perfect motherboard for that range is the Gigabyte P35-DS3R. Don't look into DDR3, as it's too expensive right now. I've heard of motherboards having issues, with supporting two types of RAM, so you don't need the P35C. But that's your choice. By the time DDR3 becomes cheaper and mainstream, there will be other motherboards, that will be better for it.

Later on I may replace the DDR2's with new ones depending on one type.
But I'm still asking to what motherboard should I go..
In your Signature B1gapl your using both Gigabyte and asus so which one do you prefer...

But when DDR3 surpasses DDR2 in terms of performance and price, the rest of ur rig will be outdated, so u will want to get a whole new one rather than wasting money on some RAM that will be heavily bottlenecked by the rest of the hardware.

^Vaanish has a point.

roumieh2000 said:
In your Signature B1gapl your using both Gigabyte and asus so which one do you prefer...

I don't prefer either. I've had other Gigabytes and ASUSs before. I like both companies equally. Both never failed me, and both always served me well.

Get the Gigabyte P35-DS3R. And yes, Vaanish does have a point on the DDR3. The DDR3 is coming out and it might soon be the mainstream. That means there will be new motherboards coming out with DDR3 slots (ASUS P5K3) and many others.

^ its already out... and Vaanish has a point

but a msi p35 platinum or p35-ds3r is a board worth getting....

The Gigabyte P35-ds3r is probably your best choice, I was asking the same question, and after research, and everyones help on this forum, i now know that its everyone's(almost everyone) favourite and most recommended.

Good luck with your build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom