Okay, Im afraid that the MSI motherboard I re-ordered at newegg is going to be bad. So instead, I want to get a motherboard that is available in my CompUSA Store and these are the ones available.....
Asus P5B Deluxe - Newegg.com - ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
BFG NForce 680i - Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFG680i SLi LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
So which one should i get? they are both like $20.00 more at CompUSA with my discount but I would rather be able to be sure and not wait for a few more days if the motherboard is bad.
First, the return policy from newegg is not very great. They start from the day you purchase the item not the day you received the item. And when you return the item to them, they count the day when they receive the item. So meaning if you get an RMA say..... 25 days after the day of your invoice and you ship it to them that day and they received it in the 31st day, they will not give you a refund.
Second, I want to make sure that the motherboard is not the faulty defect before the 30 days is over. So I want to install everything and make sure they all work. If I use like say.... two motherboards from CompUSA and they both dont work then obviously its some other part that is faulty not the motherboard.
So tomorrow I will buy one of those motherboards above at CompUSA and have them install the computer and put everything together and its free. And if the motherboard is defective, I can just exchange it for another one right off the bat no waiting for shipping and RMA and stuff like that. Its only $20.00 more on either one of them and I can get a replacement plan on it if it dies within two years.
Now, to decide, which motherboard should i get? Some employees recommend the 680i one because I have a EVGA Graphics Card which is supposedly the same as BFG and the motherboard is made by BFG and with 680i it will be faster.
Now, I like the Asus because it has a built in wireless and its $35.00 cheaper and I can just return the wireless card i bought at compusa because if i get this board i wont need that card. However, its not a 680i or 650i chipset which is not as good gaming wise.
So which one should I get? I can afford any of them its just a mother of whether one is worth it getting.
Also I can wait until the other mobo i ordered from newegg will arrive and it should be here on wednesday. Though it does not make sense to have a $100.00 motherboard and have like a $400.00 GPU and $300 CPU