Which motherboard?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrod

In Runtime
I want to start buying the parts for my build now, it's been way too long. The only thing holding me back is the motherboard, so I want to see what you guys think. If you vote "Other" please tell me what and why. BTW, I already have a wireless card so wifi isn't necessary. I also don't really plan on doing SLI in the near future. So keeping those two things in mind, which board is better??? Thanks

What Cpu are you goin to run

If its a e6600 or lower you really should stick with a 965p chipset as it will let you hiy much higher oc's

If your going for higher than that a nice and stable board would either be the 975x or the 680i chipset

Im using an Abit AW9D-Max and while it was designed for crossfire, there are drivers that can be downloaded to allow for sli if thats your thing and a bridge is included.

And if you only need a nice board for a single card solution it will work beautifully with any c2d and some ddr2-800 ram. Got my e6600 up to 3.2 with no voltage changes Maxed it out at 3.78ghz

So, if you could post the rest of your system up it would help tremendously.

-aspire

Owned the Asus P5W DH.

WiFi was awesome, very fast. The board is easy to overclock with.

I'd personally go with the P5B deluxe. Save some money.

Haven't bought the parts yet so I'm still open to ideas, but here's the plan:

cm stacker (i need a case w/ power button on or near the top)
intel e6600
corsair xms2 2gb ram
7900gs, or gt if I have the $
seasonic energy+ 550w
74gb raptor, 320gb seagate
zalman 9500
dell 24" widescreen (already own)

Hey just a head's up, I can sell you a 7900GT with a VF900 FAN and Copper Ram sinks for 210 shipped. 7900GT has more Pixel Pipelines then an GS and is faster. Just thought I'd let you know.

Good decision on the stacker. Great case, it's huge, and tons of airflow.

Get a Zalman 9700 or a Tuniq Tower 120 of xoxide.com or frozen CPU

Personally, I would scratch the raptor, sure its fast, sure its one of the best, but its noisy, small, hotter than ****, and its life span compared to other drives is depressing.

Without it, you could very easily buy a 7950gt which would be a stronger way to boost system performance.

With that cpu I can easily recommend my mobo to ya. I love it, great silent north and south bridge cooling, solid state aluminum caps, heat sinks on the voltage regulators, tons of bling factor, and the ability to support both sli and crossfire is great.

Heres a link to it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom