Mother of i7 build finally complete pics (56K Warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KShirza1

Baseband Member
All my parts fianaly came in to complete this beast after going back and forth with some parts. Everything is in, finished, and working perfect leaving little to be desired for me short of water which i may go for on the GPU's in the near future.

here are the thread post trail for this build...

The mother of my i7 Builds (56k lulz) - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

New pics of my i7 finnished (56k) - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Finished specs:

CoolerMaster ATCs 840 Black Case
CoolerMaster ATcs 840 Black Side Panel W/ Window
CoolerMaster V8 CPU Cooler
CoolerMaster 4 x 120mm Additional Fans
Corsair Dominator DDR3 6GB 1600 Memory
Enermax Revo 1050w Modular Power Supply
2 x EVGA GTX 275 FTW Video Card ( SLI )
EVGA Xeno Killer NIC
LG Super Multi Blue Ray Optical Drive
LG Super Multi Optical Drive
LG Flatron W2353V Monitor
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro Sound Card
Creative Fatal1ty 3.5mm Gaming Headset
Razer Lycosa Keyboard
Razer Lachesis Mouse
Razer Goliathus Speed Mouse Pad
Intel Core i7 920 CPU
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste
ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme Motherboard
WD Velociraptor 300GB Hard Drive
NZXT Sentry LX Fan Controller
MS Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit OS

]

Im not sure where i want to go from here...

so please feel free to make suggestions on what you would like to see on this. Specifically im looking for water recomendation and case mods. ALL ideas are welcome.

Re: Mother of i7 build finally complete pics (56K FU)

Just letting you know, you missed out on 90+ Efficiency power supplies. Corsair just announced a few bad boys so it looks like those will be above the Enermax as soon as they are out.

Oh well, you had to make your order now, and pretty much every build will have something they wished they could have gotten a few weeks later.

It looks very nice! Did the Enermax come with those cable tie things?
And can I ask why you bothered with an EVGA network card? I mean at most those things will lower your ping by maybe 3-5 ms.... and I already get 15 ms ping on wireless on my FiOS so it wouldn't really be necessary for me.

Just letting you know, you missed out on 90+ Efficiency power supplies. Corsair just announced a few bad boys so it looks like those will be above the Enermax as soon as they are out.

Oh well, you had to make your order now, and pretty much every build will have something they wished they could have gotten a few weeks later.

It looks very nice! Did the Enermax come with those cable tie things?
And can I ask why you bothered with an EVGA network card? I mean at most those things will lower your ping by maybe 3-5 ms.... and I already get 15 ms ping on wireless on my FiOS so it wouldn't really be necessary for me.

no prob im not stuck with this one or anything. if the corsair (seasonic) is that much better ill simply order it :)

The revo did come with the cable ties.

As far as the Xeno goes i do like how it doesnt use the windows network stack, but in all reallity it doesnt make a huge difference to be something i would recommend for someone to jump out and buy.

Well alright then. Oh and you don't need to put (seasonic) after corsair every time. We know who builds them. We don't go around to motherboards saying (foxconn), or to antec power supply's saying (seasonic), or to Rosewill items saying (newegg).

Well alright then. Oh and you don't need to put (seasonic) after corsair every time. We know who builds them. We don't go around to motherboards saying (foxconn), or to antec power supply's saying (seasonic), or to Rosewill items saying (newegg).

point being corsair doesnt make PSU's so if they are announcing a new PSU who makes it and ill just buy it from the actual PSU maker if it really that intense.

its like the enermax and the coolermaster ultimate... enermax makes the ultimate, but enermaxes version is leagues ahead of it.

for example compare this 850w PSU to the corsair 850w... they are the same except the seasonic one is better cause they wouldnt pull all there tricks out for corsair to put their name on it and sell it.

JonnyGURU.com - Power Supply Reviews and more! - Reviews - Seasonic M12D 850W

It sounds like the name corsair makes us want them to be the best or something

either way it doesnt matter cause if that the case were just talking about money to get a better product. 90% efficiency is what the enermax currently gets although it will never drop below 85% which is why it has the silver certification. if a PSU never drops below 90% that means its closer to a hundred percent effiency at its best which is insane and unheard of especially at the 1000w range. the only way enermax ably to acheive this was with 6 12v rails 30a each... omg!

please post link of your source so i can share it with others on other forums as well cause it seems technology is about change massivly in the PSU world with a over 80+ gold certification

I was partially mistaken. The Corsair PSUs are 90% efficient, not 90+ so they are the same as Enermax then. And Seasonic produces OEM power supplies for these companies. Often times Seasonic does not produce an exact model of their own. In fact looking around Newegg I did not see any identical models when comparing with the Corsair and Seasonic offering. I did not check PCP&C or Antec, though.

Also, they do not produce every PSU line for Corsair, Antec, and PCP&C, just quite a few. Channel Wells produces at least 3-5 models of the Corsair PSUs so saying (seasonic) every time would not be correct. Channel Wells also produces many Thermaltake PSU's including the 750W I have seen you use before so if you want to be technical you should start saying (channel wells) as well where it is due.

Just like Foxconn makes motherboards for many companies. I'm just saying that regardless of who makes them, you should call them only by the company that sells them because the OEM does not always have identical or better options. Foxconn for example has a very limited number of motherboards produced under it's name anymore.

And yes, Rosewill is a Newegg house brand kinda like Insignia is a Best Buy brand.

Makes sense that they should have a house brand. Thanks for answering my question surge.

Man...your camera takes amazing pictures. Most users' pics are blurry. Nice build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom