the MOST RELIBLE motherboard company

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimBlanchard

Daemon Poster
which motherboard company do you think is the most relible

the reason i ask this question is i am about to build a conroe rig and i need the motherboard to last about 3years or more

any suggestion would very be helpful

Tim:eek:

I have heard that DFI is about the best, but I personally have never used their product. I like ABIT or ASUS myself. tech support for me has always been good, the websites are user friendly to D/L drivers, and to me, look better than some mobo's.

Top 3 are DFI, MSI, and ASUS. Abit's tend to have a ton of problems (my mobo has a fried [onboard] ethernet connection).

msi? ew, I've always had something against them and there cheapo parts (maybe I just had a bad mobo).

It really depends on which socket you are going for. Dfi = best socket 939 Asus/gigabyte = best socket 775 Asus = best socket 478

Had nothing but problems with my DFI, spent 3 days going through every fix in the book on DFI-street, all to no avail, these boards WILL have problems.

Ive heard the Infinity series isnt as good as the Lanparty. The Infinity currently exists in the AM2 and Conroe supported motherboards.I have heard good things of the AMD infinity but bad about the Intel Infinity. The older 939 and 754's were the best though. Maybe DFI will make some better motherboards for AM2 and skt T soon?

The Infinity is not as good as a Lanparty. So strike DFI off the top list until they make a good Lanparty board. :D

When I put together builds (for imaginary price targets) I seem to always to Gigabyte down. ASUS are meant to be great for Intel (not too shabby at AMD ones too.)

I have had pretty good experiences with Gigabyte lately. My last 2 systems (skt939 AMD) have had GB mobos.

It seems that certain manufacturers become preferred for certain chipsets/sockets. For example, DFI lanparty boards became sought after for skt939, ASUS for skt478, and Gigabyte (DS3) for skt775.

never had any problems w/ DFI(s939) and ASUS (AM2)

I've heard the infinities weren't the greatest though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom