More Suggestions on buying new PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetahammy

Baseband Member
Ok.. from a previous post earlier I pretty much have an idea of what I want to get for a computer... but with the upcoming intel price drops in July 22 I'm kind debating on what should I do.

Either:

1: go buy a intel c2d e6320 or e6420 with a DS3 mobo and just OC. and In July go get the intel quad q6600 and just put my e6*** on my old computer and keep it as a secondary. And probably buy a evga 8800 gts 640mb.

or

2: just wait till july 22nd and keep saving for 2 more months... and get the q6600 on a ds3 and OC. and just save up more money and maybe get a 8800gtx?

The thing is that I don't really have a computer right now just a laptop and the computer I have at work just to browse the internet.

Also i've been reading a few sites and heard that the quad cores aren't even worth it because a lot of programs and games don't even know how to work with the extra processors? is that true? and would there be much of performance difference between the c2d and c2quads?

I guess this post may sound kind of stupid and ppl would obviously say wait for the better products... but I guess my main question would be... is the q6600 worth the wait of 2 months in comparison to being able to use a e6*** now?

It is true, that quad isn't worth it right now, because software hasn't, really found a way to fully utilize it, let alone dual core. And in gaming, theres not really a difference between the quads and the duals. But the Q6600 is one heck of a deal at only, around $270, on July 22nd (heh..thanks vernong). I mean if you could wait only 2 months, and get a GTX and quad, that would be good. Theres also going to be good deals on the duals too, on the 22nd of July.

It is true, that quad isn't worth it right now, because software hasn't, really found a way to fully utilize it, let alone dual core. And in gaming, theres not really a difference between the quads and the duals. But the Q6600 is one heck of a deal at only, around $270.

on July 22nd.....

at $270 i'll take a quad-core, come on july 22nd

it really depends on how much you want to play some games right now.. or if you can wait till july 22nd.

like b1gapl said games dont use all four cores yet! but then crysis, alen wake and bio shock and some other dx10 games come out they will take advange of four cores so a q6600 will be more future proof.

if i were u, i would wait and see whats the best deal at the end of july. the prices may go down pretty low for a c2d by july, so u might wanna wait and think about it and choose the best option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom