More RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthraX

Daemon Poster
I'm building my new system soon, and I was wondering if it's worth it to get 4gigs of RAM? If I do get 4 gigs, I think I would get 2x 2gig sticks so I don't have to worry about my system being slower because of the extra modules. Is it worth the extra money though??

It's only worth it, if you're doing CAD, video editing, graphics design, etc...

It's only worth it, if you're doing CAD, video editing, graphics design, etc...

I do quite a bit of video editing with Sony Vegas 7. So that may be worth it.

Would 4 gigs lower performance in games at all?

4 gibs of ram" technically" would be worse but will be overall better
remember, it a gib of ram not a gig of ram

The amount of ram is defined in the computer industry as gibibytes. Gigabytes is an incorrect term that manufacturers use. Back in the day, there was the MB. One megabyte of ram is very close to one mebibyte. Now one GB of ram is different from one GiB of ram, by 7%. The technically correct term is gibibyte.
refer to this

I see it this way, with either getting 2GB or 4GB of RAM, even if I don't do CAD or that other stuff...

I get 2GB of RAM...see how it performs under all the stuff that i do. If I'm satisfied, then theres no reason to get 4GB of RAM. Now if I'm not satisfied, with the performance of 2GB, I'll get more. If it performs to my satisfaction, with 2GB of RAM, that would save me another $100, or from spending $200+ on RAM, all at once.

I see it this way, with either getting 2GB or 4GB of RAM, even if I don't do CAD or that other stuff...

I get 2GB of RAM...see how it performs under all the stuff that i do. If I'm satisfied, then theres no reason to get 4GB of RAM. Now if I'm not satisfied, with the performance of 2GB, I'll get more. If it performs to my satisfaction, with 2GB of RAM, that would save me another $100, or from spending $200+ on RAM, all at once.

good proposal :)

That's what I was thinking, but from what I read/heard the more sticks of RAM, the slower they'll run. Something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom