More bang for the buck($3000) - Page 7 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2008, 12:15 AM   #61 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default Re: More bang for the buck($3000)

Man let me tell you... I wanted to buy a dell rig for gaming a while back.. before doing research... I thought it would be awesome... then I started to see what the parts would cost individually... and i realized how much cheaper that computer should be... then I saw all the cool looking cases you can buy... then learned about overclocking...

I had tinkered with old computers and such.. but never built my own...

I put together my complete system (monitor, keyboard, mouse, vista 64, etc...) for 1600 approx - currently running a q6600 at 3.5ghz - with an hd4870 - 4gb of Ram - and I couldn't be happier... I know my computer inside and out, so if something does go wrong I can troubleshoot it myself.. plus you get a great sense of accomplishment when you first turn it on... I am a complete Noob at computer building and I was able to do it with no problem - with a lot of research and a little common sense... you will save yourself a ton of money... or have a really sick 3000 dollar custom build...

Old 08-25-2008, 01:42 AM   #62 (permalink)
Biostar Stole my heart
Send a message via MSN to Hussein19891
Default Re: More bang for the buck($3000)

You save LOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSS of money by building it your self. Before my first build I used to use a E-Machines T3612 and the slowest Dual Core in my home slaughters it.

First build I made quite a few mistakes but even after having to rma and keep a few items I did not return on time. In the end it was all worth it because I had saved 15% or more on my car insurance and was able to maintain my computer on my own. If anything went wrong or quit working I didn't have to rush down to the local computer repair shop. The same computer repair shop may I add that was selling 7600GT's for 120$. Just something that opened up my eyes.

This was at the time that the 3850's were about 120$.

Closed Thread