More bang for the buck($3000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the computer starts at about $1200, around the price you guys are hitting. With even the default specs its being rated pretty well. I am saying $3000 is my limit with upgrades. So what I am really askin what would be the best highest upgrades I could make and still be under $3000. Sorry for the confusion.

Well, if you really want to waste the money, get the Q9450, the Dominator RAM, 2TB of HDDs, the 24inch monitor (the one thing Dell does well, cause samsung make em), the Bose speakers, and the G11 and G9 (both of which are good, i have them).

Just be aware, these are the only upgrades you will be getting, because Dell has its own propritarty hardware, so you wont be able to upgrade much youself. This whole setup, if you built it yourself (or get someone else to do it cheap) would probalbly set you back about $1600, and you would be able to get much better video cards for an extra $300 or so, making it much better at games with higher resolutions (meaning you could get a 27inch screen or something).

GPU: ATI 4870x2 (you have the money and it's the best card out)
MOBO: p5e3 (a very good ddr3 Motherboard)
CPU: q9550 (great cpu, better then the q9450 and again, you have the money)
RAM: 4gb DDR3 1600mhz memory (ocz, g.skill, or crucial ballistix brand) (they are just the best brands and u have the money for ddr3)
PSU: 650tx (very good psu, and will be able to keep up with ur system easily)
H/S: ocz vendetta 2 (best air cooler out)
Paste: TX-2 thermal paste to go with it
CASE: NZXT tempest case (one of the best cases for the price, it's like the Antec 900 but better cooling and wire management)
HDD: Seagate 1tb 7200.11 (you wouldn't be able to see the difference between the VelociRaptor HDD and this, and it's cheaper)

Hey guys stop saying bad stuff about dell

Seriously, today I went to Walmart, and saw their XPS config, which has almost the same specs are my rig, and it was what? 100 bucks more expensive?
I actually believed it was a preety good deal. 100 bucks is worth all the hassle a newbie might get in the beggining.

not in my book, to spend 100 more just for assembly, when i think that is the best part of building your own comp, is stupid. But that's just me, many people would do it. Also,i said nothing bad about dell.

Hey guys stop saying bad stuff about dell.

Dell is a worthless company and the only reason they should stay in business is to sell laptops and $500 pc's to peoples grandmas.

@ OP: Go ahead and buy a dell, but don't come back complaining if your pc wont run a game at the setting you want because they made a stupid pc for you.

^now now, he came here for help, and that is what he will get. There is no need for all the "go get a dell then". He has decided to look into building a computer himself, so try helping him instead :).

Hey luke, yeah I agree, building it its awesome, but thats because we both have built several and its a simple task for us.

Thats why I refered to "Newbies" I know some very but very stupid, people that can't even install a cpu because they forgot to take off the plastic cover (that says REMOVE)
So thats why I said extra 100 bucks is worth the hassle for newbies.

redm00n: if they really stopped working, people would no buy them, and dell would not give 5 years warrantys. (I am not sure about warranties but I am sure they got some)

Note to the OP: The builds people are telling you are great. Go for them.

^sure, it would be easy for newbies, but if they bought dells they would continue to be noobs, they would have to build a computer themselves eventually to get away from their noobishness.

just thought i would mention this....

my wife (at the time my gf) had a dell slim tower computer....

you would think that they would consider cooling a top priority since a small tower + pentium 4 = alot of friggin heat..

but when i removed the heatsink it looked like a 4 year old applied the thermal paste..... half of it was not even on the die of the cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom