More bang for the buck($3000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodstar

Solid State Member
Ok guys I need help, what's the best I can get for $3000(Custom). PC is for High Gaming and Multimedia. List all parts and why. Thanks.

Original Post
Hello everyone, soon I plan to buy a new computer. I know that custom built is the way to go but currently right now I just want to go ahead and buy one from Dell. Never have had any problems with them thus far. What I need to know is what decisions I should make to get more bang for the buck. I come here for assistance from some of you experts who know what they're talking about. I will present you a link and you can go through it and select which option is best overall. I will be using this computer for gaming and basic use(internet, music, movies, downloading, etc). The only real hardware I need help with is the processor, memory, Hard Drive, Additional Hard Drive, and the Optical Drive. My budget is $3000.

XPS 630 Desktop
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Please enter your choices in this format and explain please.

Processor:
Memory:
Hard Drive:
Additional HD:
Optical Drive:

Another question is shall I get dual monitors? My Current Monitor is their 24 inch. Should I go ahead and purchase another?

If you have anything more information I may need to know about, please go ahead and share. Would really appreciate it.

Thank you guys, hopefully I get some great feedback. I really want the best results.

LOL !!!! asking for good bang for the buck when going with a dell computer.

Have fun paying $3000 for a system you could build yourself for around $1200

EDIT:

since you're going custom and i don't feel like trying to convince you not to...I'll edit in some help, was kinda rude before lol.

Get a quad-core CPU, if you're going for gaming and multimedia it'll be good (you'll probably do a bit of encoding for movies/music
get 4gb of RAM (doesn't matter speed 800mhz is enough)
get 64bit vista home premium..nuff said
500-750gb would be good for a hard drive, unless you download HUGE amounts of things...
optical? any decent dvd-rw burner will be good enough unless you want to pay $100+ for bluray

Like I said, I know custom is better.

LOL !!!! asking for good bang for the buck when going with a dell computer.

Have fun paying $3000 for a system you could build yourself for around $1200

EDIT:

since you're going custom and i don't feel like trying to convince you not to...I'll edit in some help, was kinda rude before lol.

Get a quad-core CPU, if you're going for gaming and multimedia it'll be good (you'll probably do a bit of encoding for movies/music
get 4gb of RAM (doesn't matter speed 800mhz is enough)
get 64bit vista home premium..nuff said
500-750gb would be good for a hard drive, unless you download HUGE amounts of things...
optical? any decent dvd-rw burner will be good enough unless you want to pay $100+ for bluray
Thanks and btw I forgot to add link to the computer I wanted customized.

So your willing to waste about $2000 just to get a computer with a locked BIOS and a DELL sticker on it? But if that's what you want I would look at the XPS's, those are the only one's worth getting I guess.

So your willing to waste about $2000 just to get a computer with a locked BIOS and a DELL sticker on it? But if that's what you want I would look at the XPS's, those are the only one's worth getting I guess.

XPS 630 Desktop
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Please enter your choices in this format and explain please.

Processor:
Memory:
Hard Drive:
Additional HD:
Optical Drive:

Lol i posted a link on the computer I am interested in. One of the top rated computers.

Well I mean...it's a dell so the most expensive thing is going to be the best...so when looking through your options the most expensive is top notch, but your options are limited cause they only offer a few choices, for example the video card they have with that system is limited cause you could get a GTX instead of those GT's and get better performance but they don't have that option...so its kinda your choice...

But remember your not going to be able to overclock that.

Not to sound like a male reproductive organ, but this forum is mostly geared towards people who want to get the most out of their money. for what dell is going to charge you 3000 dollars for, you can buy 2-3 times more machine, or get even more machine for half the cost.

As an example, i have LESS than 3000 in my computer. It is fully watercooled, and basically the best possible rig you can put together right now. If dell sold my computer, they would probably charge around 5 grand for it.

I agree with veedub, if dell made the computers we make here, they would all probably be $5,000 if not up to around $8000. And we build them for less than $2000 and get 30k benchmarks in 3dmark06 ;)......

Not to sound like a male reproductive organ, but this forum is mostly geared towards people who want to get the most out of their money. for what dell is going to charge you 3000 dollars for, you can buy 2-3 times more machine, or get even more machine for half the cost.

As an example, i have LESS than 3000 in my computer. It is fully watercooled, and basically the best possible rig you can put together right now. If dell sold my computer, they would probably charge around 5 grand for it.

Well the computer starts at about $1200, around the price you guys are hitting. With even the default specs its being rated pretty well. I am saying $3000 is my limit with upgrades. So what I am really askin what would be the best highest upgrades I could make and still be under $3000. Sorry for the confusion.

I would personally, if I was forced to get a dell, buy it at the lowest cost, meaning buy it with all the cheapest options, then when you get it, order all the upgrades you want off newegg.com and install them. That would save you money in the long run, but see that means the parts you picked at first would just be trash so your just throwing money away.

To be honest this forum doesn't really take a liking to Dell, Hp, etc. it's mostly just for custom rigs...since most people want more for their money....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom