More 9800gx2 goodness.. and badness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i was watching a vid from cebit and the guy representing Nvidia had this wierd, cocky, very confident smile/chuckle when the interviewer ask how fast this card was. I doubt he would be that confident about the GX2 if it wasnt a dam good card.

i agree with deathawk, nvidia wouldnt release a 700$ card if it wasnt worth it. The fact that this price is so high makes me happy, because it probably means it will smoke the 3870x2.

Think of it this way, you make a product slighty better then your competition, what would your selling price be? a couple bucks more then the competition so when someone ask " what should i get?" ex 3870 vs 8800GT, people will respond, "Get the 8800gt, its only a couple bucks more and its faster"

If you have a product that abosolutly crushes your competitor, heck, you could sell it for whatever price you wanted and people would flock to it because its the best...

exactly my point, if the gx2 only beat out the 3870x2 by 5%, you think they would charge 250$ more for it? ;)

I do, yes lol. I'm losing faith in nvidia. I hope they surprise me, cause with a new car payment I cant really blow 700$ on a GPU like i could a month or two ago.

perhaps these cards have the shader improvements that were implemented into the G94 of the 9600GT and they just chose to stick to the G92 name...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom