Dual ATI Radeon HD4870 X2 XOC's
1 x 32GB OCZ SSD for OS
1 x 256GB OCZ SSD for Games
1 x 1TB Segate Barracuda for storage
Thermaltake Speedo Advanced with all 12 fans
In Win Commander 1500 watt PSU
1 x Sony 2x write speed Blueray burner
1 x Sony Blueray ROM

Heh....maybe I will be able to play Crysis on FULL settings....maybe.

When you will see this? May 2009. Hey it's expensive man!

why...

Edit: I'll be more helpful. If we're lucky, neither of us will see that. It is such a waste of money. If you are saving up for something ridiculous like that, you probably have enough for a more practical build right now. Please reconsider. $1000 for a processor and then all that other crap you got listed there?

I was going to go with the AMD Phenom X4 II 3.0GHz but then I couldn't use the ASUS Rampage II. I really like that board and it only supports i7 X58. The Extreme still costs more that the new i7 so I figure why not just get the newer one. The reason I want all that is because I want a system that will last me at least 3 years. My last build did. I had and AMD 64 FX and 4GB DDR2 800 with a single ATI X1800XTX. I play HL2 on full settings but with these new games you almost need something at least 1/2 of what I stated in the first post and I can imagine what gaming will be like 3 years from now. I am open to your suggestions though =o)????

Intel Core i7 965 3.2Ghz
ASUS Rampage II X58
Corsair Dominator 1800Mhz DDR3 triple channel 12GB
Dual ATI Radeon HD4870 X2 XOC's
1 x 32GB OCZ SSD for OS
1 x 256GB OCZ SSD for Games

1 x 1TB Segate Barracuda for storage
Thermaltake Speedo Advanced with all 12 fans
In Win Commander 1500 watt PSU
1 x Sony 2x write speed Blueray burner
1 x Sony Blueray ROM

Heh....maybe I will be able to play Crysis on FULL settings....maybe.

When you will see this? May 2009. Hey it's expensive man!

First one is ok, as long as you change the page file, or have none at all. The second one is worthless, if you write to it a lot. What do you need a bluray burner and a bluray rom for? The burner can do both things... Dual 4870 X2's? Yeah, that'd be *******, but if you have to save that much, and then turn around in 6-9 months and can only sell it for a fraction of what was bought for, what would you waste money like that?

th_1225331194889qv1.png

radtadtod: [FRAK] dude
radtadtod: I would an hero if i browsed that forum any more than what you link me to

way over priced...

btw crysis is old news, a $800 computer can run it fine. anything higher than a 4850 can max it as well :|

The processor is your choice, I'm just fine with my i920 on the same board w/ the 1600mhz version of that ram. I like the board choice and ram choice. Dual 4870x2 would be pretty cool except that nvidia just came out with a better card. So if you really wanted to ball hard youd get 2(295)s

-the rest of your build is stupid. 1500 watt power supply are you kidding me? get a corsair 1000 watt and that will probably last you this build and your next in 3 years.

-if you want an blu ray just get one LG. they have the best rating on newegg.

-That hard drive configuration seems kinda crazy. My 300 velociraptor runs my os and games pretty good.
-lastly the Western Digital Black 1TB is a better hard drive.

Yeah I just built it on newegg.

i7 965 combo w/ asus rampage II = 1368.98
ABS Cayon Case combo w/ EVGA 295 = 1004.98
6GB Corsair 1866 w/ fan = 400
Corsair 1000watt = 260
LG bluray = 220
WD black 1TB = 120
WD Raptor = 230

thats like 3600 dollars. not including a cpu cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom