Monitor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

norcal313

Baseband Member
I'm going ot be purchasing a monitor shortly, I am getting a LCD between 19 and 24 inches.

I wanted to know what is recommended for a primarily gaming oriented computer with a high end graphics card. What should be the maximum ms refresh time I should look for?

Some people told me 8ms, others told me to go lower, any thoughts? Also, any monitor suggestions?

8ms max is generally correct for gaming. Usually you can find a 3-5ms easily for not much more than the 8's. Also, I don't know about your price range, but once you get over 21" they can get really pricey.
To get a good idea of decent monitors, look on a site like newegg to look at reviews of various monitors so you can see if certain models have cronic problems (dead pixels, etc.).

The lower the ms the better, but they get more expensive. I'd say 3-5ms is a good range, for gaming.

So 16 ms typical (black to white), 6 ms typical (gray to gray) Response Time isnt very good for gaming I take it?

Funny thing... I was at Wal-Mart the other day and they had a 17" LCD for $160 that had a 25ms response time. How aweful. They also had a PCI video card... I didn't know anyone still manufactured those, let alone sell them at a retail establishment.

I mentioned I had already checked newegg in my second post, they didn't have anything that caught my eye.

Also look for contrast ratio

700:1 is really good.

The higher then number the better

the :1 always is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom