Monitor/HDTV... GPU Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
Hey guys, I have some questions. I downloaded HWMonitor and I was looking at my Graphic Card temps. They're at 67 and 69 degrees. That seems pretty dang high since I'm not doing anything more than browsing the net. I've never overclocked them or messed with them. Everything is stock. It's two EVGA 8800GT's. (Link in signature) However I am on a LG 37" HDTV at 1360 x 768. I have it hooked to my HDTV with a DVI to HDMI adapater. It looks great, but I hate to have it that high especially when I do some gaming. Is this normal? Should I be using better GPU's? Should I consider some heat sincs and if so what types? I've never done anything with my GPU's before.

Thanks a bunch!

Here's the HDTV for some stats if needed. LG - 37" 720p Flat-Panel LCD HDTV - 37LG30

i cant say what temps they should be be, but those seem fine to me. GPU run at higher heats and they can withstand higher heats. tho i would have someone confirm this that know more then i.

That seems pretty high to me. It should get taht high when in use, not in idle. My single gpu is at 50 degrees idle. Though it's a single one, and I heard the 8800s suck a lot of power and run hot. I'd probably suggest getting a better fan or heatsink for each card if your case can fit it. better to be safe than sorry.

Make sure the heatsinks are clear of all dust. Compressed air should do the trick. I wouldn't spend the money for aftermarket heatsinks since you aren't overclocking at all. And if one would happen to fry they are EVGA and they will refund or replace it for you.

no. that temp is fine for a 8800 series card. u should expect about 80 degreees for it wen u are gaming. dw about a thing ur fine, also overclockign usually doesnt make the gpu run all too much hotter. ur just increasing clocks not adding voltage.

u were right skeeg, confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom