Monitor, dunno which one to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3

Banned
After some recent posts about LCDs being bad in comparison to CRTs and how manufacturers say they are 8bit when in reality they are 6+2bit, im so confused. I need to know which monitor to get.
these are the requirements.
-lower than 8ms response time
-19"
-below $450 Canadian.

Or just list which monitors you guys use and what performance you get from them.

You might want to look at this:
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=1745344&enterthread=y

The LG L2000C is very good (true 8-bit, very good specs), but out of your pricerange. No matter, if you can get it, I say save up the money and do it, because a monitor is something you will have for a very long time (most LCDs last for 50,000+ hours, compared to 10,000 on CRTs), so you want to get something of good quality so you won't say "darn, I wish I had saved the extra money and gotten the nicer one" later down the road.

can u give me a link to a LG l2000 C, i looked everywhere nad couldnt find it, maybe i typed it in wrong.

yess thanks for the website 003.. i see the Samsung 940B is pretty good like i thought it would be because i have done a lot of research on that monitor.. im going to buy it tomorw =))

that is a sexy monitor, no matter how plain, and yes i decided on the 19" VX922, is that a good choice? i found one for $445 Canadian.

lol does it happen to be canadacomputers? thats where im going tomorw to get it, they have one of the best prices in toronto. And yes the viewsonic is good... ive also heard good things about it the only negative thing i that it lacks a bit in movies compared to others but thats okay... all that matters is gaming! and its the top!

no its not canada computers, they have it for 450, i just saved 5 bucks buddy, well technically 5.75 cause of tax. Actually i think if you go through these stores you can save quite a bit on ur parts, it save me about a minimum of $100. here is the link, its all the stores on College and Spadina, but half dont have websites so you gonna have to go there to see their prices.
http://www.torontopcstores.com/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=538
its a very helpful site for all the stores in canada, i was looking for places to cut corners in one of my posts and i managed to get it down to 2800 with tax, now it costs me about 2600 with tax. pretty good. and with that 200 price cut i was able to ay 45 more dollars for the vx922 instead of the 924 which is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom