Which monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
im having a bit of a hard decision in deciding on a new monitor for my rig. price really isn't an issue between the two.

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" 2 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1(DC 3000:1) - Retail
the samsung is really nice, and has alot of good reviews. however i was wondering if it was also 1080p capable just like the screptre.. does anyone know?

Newegg.com - SCEPTRE X22WG-1080p Black 22" 2ms(GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2000:1 Built in Speakers - Retail
i thought i was sold on this monitor, however theres just a few drawlbacks such as no dvi cable, and honestly i trust samsung a little more.

the Samsung out of those but I would recommend the view sonic VX2245 or VX2235 I have the 45 and it looks great and performs well but if aesthetics isnt a priority then the Samsung will probably perform just as well

I only got the Sceptre because it's cheaper. But I would go for the Samsung.

If your going to be gaming alot, get a CRT. LCD's are getting better fast, but they still cant beat an oldfashioned CRT for quality performance.

but does anyone know if the samsung is 1080p capable? it states the screptre is but i dunno. i went up to my local fry's today and took at a look at the exact samsung but a 20.1" version also with 2ms and 1000:1(3000:1 dynamic) contrast and it looked beautiful. and it was sitting next to a couple 22" viewsonic's.. so i think i'll go with the samsung.

the samsung is beautiful and with that video card your not going to want 1600x1200. 1650x1050 or whatever will already give you a performance hit.

the samsung is beautiful and with that video card your not going to want 1600x1200. 1650x1050 or whatever will already give you a performance hit.

yeah i know, and im actually planning on picking up a 8800gts/x when the new g8900s come out or when the 88's drop in price.. but i was just wondering about the 1080p for an xbox 360.

I just got the Sceptre in today actually and I love it. No complaints with it so far, but you can't go wrong with either of them really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom