moniter not reading, new build - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default moniter not reading, new build

ok ive just assembled my new build i double checked everything every connector all that stuff. turn it on ever thing goes on all the fans spin hdd spinning ok, the moniter is on too but isnt displaying anything....... whats going on this is a brand new comp all the parts were tested in my friends comp and the moniter too ............................ some one please show me some help

Old 01-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired.

Send a message via AIM to peterhuang913
Default Re: moniter not reading, new build

What parts do you have?

My computer uses 1.5A-load, .8A-idle, .65A-standby, .05A-turned off on 125V.
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcent View Post
I need to stop using the internet.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Radeon x1950 pro 512 mb
intel p4 cedar mill 631 3.0ghz 65 nm
Asus P5GD1-FMS 775 Intel 915GExp motherboard
ePower 450 watts 2 fan psu with 2 12 v rails 16 amps each rail
200 GB 7200 rpm hdd unit
plug and play 17 inch moniter

(misc items too lazer mouse key board, dvd drive and cd rom drive.)

as i said before every part was tested and works but i think the mother board isnt compatible with the cpu, i remember asking you guys if it was but now i think it isnt. dont get me wrong it does comply with p4 800 fsb but i dunno maybe bios is wrong i have rev 1.1 bios listed on the board....

when i press the button everything is on the hdd is reading and spinning but the moniter doesnt show anything...
Old 01-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

update put in my old p4 presscot 90 nm and thing worked fine, xept now it tells me error u need to activate windows xp to use it and i cant use my key board or mouse to say yes to activate lol btw before i got the cedar mill i made a whole topic wether it would work since its a 65 nm processor on this mobo alot of you said yes, well truth is it doesnt...
Old 01-11-2008, 11:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

usually 90nm vs 65nm chip design doesn't make a difference in compatibility, but after reading some reviews and such, true to your word, isn't compatible... I would say RMA the board if you can and get a new board cause the chip is worth holding onto...

LOL@ the one guy who said he got his chip to 8ghz.....
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Techie

ok managed to install my windows proffessional on it with the p4 presscot its running all the time 60 Celcius umm fan is 3000 rpm, this is idle state... will any kind of bios update allow me to post and boot with my cedar mill? or did i lose 74$ buying it for nothing *sighs*
Old 01-12-2008, 07:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Everything to Nothing

Send a message via MSN to Nick

a BIOS update is always helpful in getting a board to recognise a new CPU, you may want to check why your CPU is running so hot, my athlon x2 idles at 27 degrees, did you apply the thermal paste properly?
Old 01-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Techie

thing is, this is how it was running before my computer all fried :P i just upgraded the parts that fried which was video card mobo and psu, i thought the cpu also fried but isnt the case.. this cedar mill wont show anything on the moniter at all but the computer will turn on... i applied thermal paste correctly ive been applying it alot

btw tested it out with a graphics intensive game cpu was using 44% the temp shot up to 64% and was between 61-65 C

Closed Thread