Hello, I made a list for a 2k gaming rig and tweeked it to be a pretty nice system until i found out I only have 1500 to spend and not 2k. I need help tweeking this computer down...I did some tweeking already and it comes out to about 1600 after shipping...Im stuck b/c I dont know what to do to reduce the price I already shot the videocard from a 8800GTX to a 7950GT = \
Basically I want to be able to play WoW, CS, CS source, BF:2, BF:2142, FEAR and stuff at MAX settings with very good FPS
Please help me out!
Heres the list I have so far..Tweek it or if you know a better build tell me, cheaper memory, cheaper PSU anything!
Intel C2D E6600 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115003
- $317 - Ive thought about downgrading this but I dont know if I could live with not getting this good chip at a low price...but hey if i have to I have to.
ASUS P5B Deluxe - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131028
- $196.99 - Heard this was a good motherboard, I downgraded from a 680i to this Heard it was a good overclocker but I honestly dont know how to overclock and dont have plans on it so if theres a different mobo let me know ^_^
G.SKILL 2GB DDR2 800 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231087
- $224.99 - like i said I dont plan on overclocking but there doesnt seem to be a big difference in price from DDR2 800 and DDR2 576 or w/e it is. Memory isnt outdated fast so thats why i figured the extra $$ is worth it to keep 800 unless you know of some cheap good memory unless you choose a different processor for me.
OCZ 600W - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817341001
- $114.99 - same issue as the memory kind of...I looked at PSU's and I cant find any that are cheaper that are 500-600W to power this system = \.
Geforce 7950GT - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130061
- $265.99 - Downgraded from a 8800GTX. Read some reviews and heard this plays almost every game maxed out with very good FPS, sounds good to me.
CHIMEI 5ms 22" Widescreen - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824252006
- $299.99 - 19" LCD for under 8ms all of them that are decient brand names seem to be 250 or so...so i figure whats an extra 40 dollars for 3" and widescreen going to hurt? I wouldnt mind dropping down to a 19" widescreen or non widescreen but I heard 22" gaming is crazy good.
WD 250GB - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822144417
- $69.99 - had 2 of these for Raid 0 but took one out. 250GB for 69.99 seems good to me.
SAMSUNG DVD BURNER - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827151136
- $32.99 - I dont know how to pick out CD rom drives..this one is all fancy and has lightscribe which honestly ill probably NEVER use...nor do i think I would ever burn...but maybe watch dvd movies on it. ive seen these for 18 or so dollars but idk if they are good or not...every dollar counts.
Ok thats the computer...now I have an idea on 2 cases rather they are good or not idk but one is a little expensive...One is a mid ATX tower and the other is a mini Desktop. The mid tower has very nice cooling by the looks of it is 129.99 but I dont really plan on overclocking so idk if i need all that cooling. with mail in rebates its only 99.99 which is cool but Ive heard people have to wait months upon months for their rebates so I didnt calculate any mail in rebates to anything in this list. The Mini desktop seems like a nice little case that you can carry around if you go to lan parties and stuff. It seems to have good air flow and fits the parts idk what else to say about that one its 84.99 and saves me about 40 extra dollars.
Antec Nine Hundred - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129021
APEVIA (ASPIRE) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811144109
- 84.99 - this does come with a PSU, yes I know case PSU's suck but if a 420w PSU is enough to run this system for the time being and last long enough till i can get a new one then that would save me another 114 dollars!!
Well thats the list if you know of anything that could help please help me out. ex: Say you found memory that isnt DDR2 800 and is DDR2 567 or w/e it is and its only 180 dollars let me know. If you know of a good monitor that is at least 19" and will save me lost of money let me know. Basically I need this system to be 1400-1500 dollars and my wife will be happy and I will be happy playing my games ^_^. I dont want to have my computer to be completly killed though...meaning say something like oh just use your 17" CRT and take out the monitor and BAM you have your comp. Stuff like that.
Things I kinda really want to keep!!
22" Monitor - why? B/c i heard its GREAT for gaming and i think it would be amazing to go from a 17" CRT to a 22" widescreen LCD...
Videocard - idk this isnt really a big issue but if you know of a cheaper videocard that is going to play the games i listed at max settings then sure tell me!
case - I dont mind if you pick a different case or w/e but plz dont tell me to buy some flimsy 20-30 dollar case that is just a big black metal scrap that holds the computer. I need some style for when my friends come over or when i go there.
Thanks for reading this long stuff I hope you guys have fun trying to help me out and I hope to have fun talking to you guys trying to save me money. =P
Ps. If you have questions Im going to bed atm so I will be up in the morning im sure everyone has x-mas stuff to do as do I so bare with it please.