Moms Computer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is for his mom's computer, not a gaming machine. Any of low end Intel duals would be fine, as would any of the AMD duals. Heck, even a single core would do her fine.

You can go with all low end parts and still have a machine that will out-perform whatever she wants to do. My wife's computer is an old Athlon 2000+, and it would work fine for what your mom will probably do with it.

This is going to be my moms computer. I have no plan on overclocking. do you think that this is the best deal or should I go amd without overclocking. Also I am going to stick with my GPu because it has 512mb instead of 256mb.
With ram being so cheap why not go with 4gb of ram.

With the 5000+ its not really overclocking, because the multiplier is unlocked, you dont even need to touch any voltages, and itll run stable and cool at 3ghz. Or you could get a cheaper amd dual core since its just going to be with your mom.

I'd just buy a Dell or HP..i mean you will NOT beat their prices. you can get a decent computer from them, but usually I immediately reformat and reinstall my "stripped" copy of Windows, so you don't have to deal with all the other programs they install first.

^^^ Even that Acer is more computer than she will probably ever use, but it defninitely would fit the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom