Modern Warfare 2. Can my computer take it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaskTool

In Runtime
I've been thinking about this game ever since I heard it was coming out. But while watching some gameplay footage on xplay the graphics look amazing and the framerate on the video had to have been 60+

My question is if my computer will be able to play it like I want.. On medium or high settings. at least medium..

I'm on:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0ghz at stock speed.
4gb of OCZ Nvidia Performance DDR2 800mhz ram.(Windows only recognizes 3.24gb)
XFX Geforce 9600 GSO 768mb.
With a 450w PSU.

I would definitely think about upgrading my graphics card, but the problem is me not meeting the power supply wattage requirements, and having enough molex connectors for the molex to pci cables, I would need 2 so I would have to think of something.

My motherboard also only supports up to 4gb of ram. Intel DG31PR.

This was the very first computer I ever built, and I went extremely cheap *** with everything besides the processor basically. Even the graphics card only cost me around 70 dollars.

Will it be able to handle Modern Warfare 2? It plays crysis well on Medium/Low settings. On all high I get about 15 fps without anti aliasing. It depends which settings I have on high/medium/low.

I haven't played cod4 since I upgraded my ram. I used to have only 2gb of kingston 667mhz ram, when I played cod4 and it sort of lagged more than I expected. I also had physx on, and now I disabled it. So with the ram+speed increase, and also with physx disabled, perhaps it will run a bit better? I also hope/assume that modern warfare's system requirements will be roughly the same as cod4? Or higher maybe?

I also would like to know what the best graphics card I can get is with a 450 watt power supply?

Edited once again because I found that the HD 4850 has a minimum psu requirement of 450w which I meet, and I've seen some gameplay footage and I like what I see.

Newegg.com - XFX HD-485X-ZDFC Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

I think I might get that. Unless I see something better. I still want to get the best out of my 9600 gso.

Seeing as MW2 won't be much of an improvement graphically compared to CoD5/MW1, you will probably be able to play it fine.

Seeing as MW2 won't be much of an improvement graphically compared to CoD5/MW1, you will probably be able to play it fine.

Have you seen any of the videos?... It will be much more graphically intensive. Might not look like crysis, but the amount of details and how much is going on makes up for it. Cod5 was worse looking that cod4 anyways, its like the ugly duckling of the series visually and gameplay wise. Except it doesn't grow up to be big and nice, stays ugly, and sucks more the more you play it.

You could probably play it on low/lowest, although I've never used/seen a 9600gt in action so I can't be sure.

I have the 384mb version of your gpu with a slower cpu and my system can run COD4 at close to 90 fps (1440x900, 2xAA). MW2 uses the same engine so even if it more demanding you should still be able to run decent setting with playable fps.

I have the 384mb version of your gpu with a slower cpu and my system can run COD4 at close to 90 fps (1440x900, 2xAA). MW2 uses the same engine so even if it more demanding you should still be able to run decent setting with playable fps.

Do you play on all high settings? On all high I got something like 40 fps average, and even less sometimes. With nightvision it went up to about 150 fps.

I'm on a 17 inch monitor, so I dont really know what to set the resolution to.

Do you play on all high settings? On all high I got something like 40 fps average, and even less sometimes. With nightvision it went up to about 150 fps.

I'm on a 17 inch monitor, so I dont really know what to set the resolution to.

I'm fairly sure it was on all high settings, it's been a while since I've played COD4.

I was running a 100mhz overclock on both the gpu core and memory so the fps wouldn't be quite as high with a stock card.

If it's a 17" non wide screen monitor 1280x1024 would most likely be the best resolution to use.

Have you seen any of the videos?... It will be much more graphically intensive. Might not look like crysis, but the amount of details and how much is going on makes up for it. Cod5 was worse looking that cod4 anyways, its like the ugly duckling of the series visually and gameplay wise. Except it doesn't grow up to be big and nice, stays ugly, and sucks more the more you play it.

You could probably play it on low/lowest, although I've never used/seen a 9600gt in action so I can't be sure.

cod 4 was better looking the waw on pc only on the consoles waw was much nicer then mwf1

I agree with Yamikotai. It looks slightly better.

Like COD4 they will probably optimize it very well so that they appeal to a broader audience (more money for them basically), so you should be able to play it with decent settings, maybe not quite full, at a good frame rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom