Mobo upgrade:P45 comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaning towards the ASUS right now, although there isn't any hurry, I won't be making the mobo swap until January at the earliest.

There are two reason 1) My current P35 is a gigabyte and although it OC'd well I can't, for the life of me, get it to both fold and download azereus at the same time on my 9800gtx without eventually BSODing, for some reason 1 out of every 3 days it just starts going bezerk and BSODing cyclically all day long until eventually it un-installs the 9800gtx and I have to wipe the drivers and re-install them from scratch...then usually good for a few days and starts over. Have tried everything under the moon to fix this but it just does't want to cooperate.

Anyways, as my in-laws couldn't care less about games, folding or OCing the P35 will be great for them and I'm free to upgrade.

2nd reason is that it has the third PCI-e slot, there is a good chance this board will find it's end as a folding rig in a couple of years so an extra slot is a bonus. Will the x4 slot affect folding performance vs an x8 or x16 slot?

[edit]Ok, decided that it isn't the time for DDR3 so the gigabyte is off the page now. Other options:

Foxconn P45A-S
Newegg.ca - Foxconn P45A-S LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P
Newegg.ca - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

So I know that the gigabyte is quality, anything against the Foxconn or is this down to personal preff?[/edit]

The TP45 can hit 700mhz fsb.

I own one and I can vouch for it. But all three of those, the Asus, Gigabtye and Biostar are good boards. So you really can't go wrong.

Thanks guys, yeah...may end up with the gigabyte but just this past experience has me doubting them. But what are the odds of two lemons in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom